Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build, grow and scale their virtual and in-person communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Duolingo, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world’s largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research for the community industry. In May 2020, we raised a $15M series B investment to fuel our continued success and category expansion into virtual conferencing and events technology.
About the role
We’re seeking an experienced, detail-oriented individual to join our Finance team as an Accounting Manager, reporting into the Director of Finance. You will be responsible for all accounting operations (revenue recognition, financial statement creation, and month-end bookkeeping) as well as building out the controls and tools required for financial audit. A successful candidate will have demonstrated accounting proficiency and experience building out processes with tools and systems. We are a growing startup, so no job is too big or too small. This is an individual contributor role that will grow into a management role.
What you’ll achieve:
- Build out defined month-end processes, roles and responsibilities (along with part-time accountant)
- Streamline invoicing and payments processing
- Work with the Director of Finance on Financial Statements and Reporting requirements for Board of Directors, CEO and Investors
- Create a prioritized roadmap of process and system improvements, as well as a headcount plan
- Evaluate controls and processes for annual financial audits (not currently under audit)
- Deeply understand customers current workflows to provide guidance and coaching on how best to use Bevy for their processes and needs
- Bachelors or Masters in Accounting, with 4+ years of accounting experience (operational accounting and/or audit) with at least 2 years of experience working in-house as an accountant
- Certified Public Accountant with Controller or FP&A aspirations
- Ability to work independently and manage both up and down
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, Executive presence a plus
- Demonstrated experience as a team manager
- You demonstrate a drive and ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment
- Quickbooks Online and/or Netsuite experience, GL implementation a plus
- US Resident (certification purposes)
- SaaS experience a plus
About the culture
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way. We work to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our team and a better product for our customers and the communities we serve.