More About the Accounting Specialist Role
A typical day might look something like this:
1. Sign into Slack and Email to check for any time sensitive, top priority items.
2. Review Traveling Mailbox to filter through payments, notices, mail, bills and direct each item to its appropriate contact for action or filing.
3. Review your organized calendar to determine any upcoming high priority due dates such as form completion for business filings, payroll processing input, vendor invoices for follow up, or miscellaneous follow up with teammates.
4. Check in with Head of Business Ops and Accountant to support all things related to benefits administration, team requests, accounting processes and deadlines, and administrative to-dos.
5. Carve out time during the week to focus on projects such as learning the A/R and invoicing processes that support our high touch customers and customer advocacy/finance teams.
Who You'll Work With
In this role, you’ll report to the VP of Finance, with a dotted-line reporting to Head of Business Ops and Accountant.
What You'll Be Doing
- Admin: Managing company correspondence (virtual mail)
- Admin: Corporate filings and renewals
- HR & Payroll: Updating all personnel records and payroll records
- HR & Payroll: Equity Options administration - preparing forms and comms outreach as directed
- HR: Benefits renewal, Benefits admin support, misc. follow up for teammates
- Payroll: Payroll specialist - processing U.S., UK, Canada, Int’l pay runs
- Finance: A/R support - customer invoicing, subscription renewals
- As a teammate at Buffer, you'll also uphold our values and code of conduct.
Helpful Skills and Experience
We're looking for the ideal candidate. Not all of these are "must haves" so please take the leap to get in touch, even if you don't feel you meet all criteria!
- 4+ years recent relevant accounting, banking, and/or HR support experience;
- 2+ years payroll processing, AP functions, or tax filing experience;
- B/S or B/A Accounting, Finance or Business or similar area;
- Experience with global employment differences is preferred, but not required.
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by the possibilities that come with working at Buffer! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits.
💰 Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is: $55K - $75K USD.
🏝 Work remotely (globally): Live and work anywhere in the world!
💪 Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US.
💻 Home office setup: Get a laptop + $500 to set up your home office.
👓 Growth mindset fund: Extra money for learning and development.
⛺️ Minimum vacation: At least 3 weeks/year, with no upper limit.
🤑 401(k): With 3% company match.
📈 Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits. We distribute 8-15% of profits annually to the team.
🍼 Family leave: 3 months of family leave for all parents, and more is possible.
✈️ Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers twice per year.
☕️ Working smarter stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
📚 Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books - digital, physical, and audio - you like, anytime.
⛱ Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.