Big Sky Health—creator of the world’s most popular fasting app Zero—is passionate about helping people live healthier, longer lives. Our digital experiences provide information, motivation, and accountability on your path toward wellness. We’re a small, mission-driven, Series A startup with an incredible team of scientific experts and investors. We are looking for thoughtful collaborators and strategic self-starters who are driven and care deeply to positively make an impact on the health and well-being of millions of people.
Big Sky Health is 100% remote, with team members working from their favorite desks in Los Angeles, Toronto, Lisbon, Nairobi, and yes, Big Sky, Montana. We offer competitive salary and benefits, unlimited time off, and a stipend for making your work space work for you. We’re comfortable with and enthusiastic about working across time zones and hiring globally. While maintaining the flexibility to work from anywhere, we require all to have some overlapping hours with Mountain Time working hours.
About the role
We are seeking an Android developer to join our existing team. You will be building new features, rearchitecting some of our current code bases, and taking ownership of major portions of our products.
In this role, you will:
- Work collaboratively with other engineers on the team, but also communicate with individuals outside the engineering team such as product and design
- Excellent communication skills in a remote environment are highly desired
- The application is English only so localization is not required
- We manage tasks in JIRA and communicate mostly over Slack
What we’re looking for:
- Prior Kotlin & Java programming language
- Android OS app development- Networking/interfacing with external APIs
- Understanding of security best practices- End-to-end knowledge of distributing app via Google Play Store
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Experience with Firebase
- Experience with CI(continuous integration) systems
- Experience in building high traffic consumer facing apps is preferred
We’ve got big dreams, a wonderful team, strong traction and an exciting roadmap. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and identities. Bringing on new talent is an opportunity for us to enrich our company culture with brand new perspectives. Join us!