We are currently seeking an Application Security Developer to join our AppSec team. This role can be performed from one of our Canadian offices, remotely across Canada, or a combination of both. Some exemptions may apply.
What your team does: Our team is focused on protecting our customers, and training our developers to write secure code. We’re a collaborative service team that works hard to enable developer velocity. We’re not gatekeepers, we’re enablers! We build automated tooling, monitor and triage CVEs & security bugs, and spend as much time pairing and teaching as we can.We’re interested in individuals with high agency, a sense of curiosity, and the ability to handle ambiguity. You know when something doesn’t look right and trust your gut instinct to dig further.
A day in the life might look like:
- Develop and implement tools to help educate and prevent security flaws;
- Build partnerships with development teams and advise on security best practices;
- Contribute to growing security awareness and knowledge amongst the product organization;
- Provide detailed guidance and support to teams in vulnerability remediation;
- Identify and implement tools for automated application scanning, static analysis and custom tooling;
- Perform penetration testing and proactive research to detect new attack vectors;
- Perform reactive incident response when a security event occurs;
- Elevate and educate our security culture within Clio, contributing to our cultural values of “No doors, only windows” and “Live a learning mindset”.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Curious to learn about security! You bring your learning hat, we’ll bring the security training;
- Collaborative, friendly, with strong opinions that are loosely held.
- Someone who loves learning and developing creative security solutions for a fast growing, continuous integration environment that hits upwards of 50 deployments a day;
Serious bonus points if you have:
- A philosophy on what makes for great software development teams;
- Ideas on how to successfully scale and grow a development organization; and
- Experience with large Rails applications, database optimization and performance, automating developer tasks and best practices, and/or building developer-facing tools.
Where your team works:
Clio is currently transitioning to a workplace that is distributed by design. This means that Clio offers employees more choice: the opportunity to work from one of our hub offices across Canada, remotely, or a combination of both. We have invested in best-in-class tools, technology, and culture to ensure our team members are able to do their best work whether they prefer to work from an office or remotely.
At Clio, we’re more than just a tech company. We’re transforming the practice of law in a permanent and meaningful way that’s bettering the lives of legal professionals while increasing access to justice for all.
We are high achievers who are setting new standards for what it means to be a tech company. In the past three years, we’ve launched a new interface and experience of our software, acquired our first company, launched a second product, secured the largest Series D in Canadian history at the time, and launched a $1 million dollar relief fund to help legal professionals navigate the challenges of COVID-19 (just to name a few).
We are dedicated to creating diverse teams and inclusive workplaces. We know that different perspectives, skills, backgrounds, and experiences result in higher-performing teams and innovation. We believe you do your best work when you can show up as your authentic self—and that’s a key part of our culture.
At Clio, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we’re committed to making an impact. If that’s something that speaks to you—you belong here, too. Join us.
Learn more about our culture and benefits at clio.com/careers