Before you read on, take a look around you. Chances are, pretty much everything you see has been shipped, often multiple times, in order to get there. E-commerce is exploding, and with it, parcel shipping is becoming a meaningful factor in a business' ability to succeed. Creating a compelling shipping experience for customers is hard but necessary.
At Shippo, our goal is to level the playing field by providing businesses access to shipping tools and terms that would not be available to them otherwise.
Shippo lowers the barriers to shipping for businesses around the world. As free and fast shipping becomes the norm, better access to shipping is a competitive advantage for businesses. Through Shippo, e-commerce businesses, marketplaces, and platforms are able to connect to multiple shipping carriers around the world from one API and dashboard. Businesses can get shipping rates, print labels, automate international documents, track shipments, and facilitate returns.
Internally, we think of Shippo as the building blocks of shipping. Shippos are a diverse set of individuals. We look for cultural and skill fit in every new person. Join us to build the foundations of something great, roll up your sleeves, and get important work done everyday. Founded in 2013, we are a proud team based out of San Francisco. Shippo’s investors include D1 Capital Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, Uncork Capital, VersionOne Ventures, FundersClub, and others.
Shippo is a fast growing shipping software startup and we’re seeking a curious learner, a customer champion, and rising maven in tech sales. In this role, you’ll join a team of 8 to provide a high degree of customer-focused energy towards enabling users to adopt Shippo into their shipping workflow. Because you’ll be the first point of contact via live chat, phones, and emails with newly signed-up customers, you will guide them through a unique and personalized activation process on our platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a full sales-cycle from initial interest through sales activation while qualifying large opportunities to teammates
- Maintain active engagement with prospects through multi-channels simultaneously focusing on our chat tool with follow up through phone and emails
- Become a Shippo product expert and build the technical know-how to onboard new customers and resolve onboarding issues
- Explain technical concepts in a way that is comfortable and easily absorbed by non-technical users
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on our product and it’s value to customers
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve both product and process
- Think critically about sales data and recommend new and scalable strategies
- Identify inefficiencies and pain points in existing workflows for prospects/customers and clearly communicate how we can solve these issues
- Meticulously record prospect feedback to improve product and processes
- Build relationships with decision-makers at all levels across a diverse industry set
- Use Salesforce and sales tool stack to manage all lead data to uphold the integrity
- Deliver the prospect experience that you would personally want to have
What You’ll Bring:
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Drive to learn selling through multiple channels: phone, email, chat
- Love to be in a fast-paced, high-growth, and an always improving environment
- Self-starter and quick thinker who thrives in ambiguous and rapidly changing situations
- Strong storytelling, listening, and customer relationship skills: empathy, communication, integrity, and high-quality question asking
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize between competing priorities
- Exceptional writing skills with attention to grammar and tone
- Passion for learning and eagerness to dive into the complex world of shipping/logistics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Medical, dental, vision, (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents), and pets coverage
- Flexible PTO + work hours
- 3 VTO days for ShippoCares volunteering events
- $2,500 yearly learning stipend for your personal growth
- Fun team events outside of work hours - happy hours, “escape room” adventures, hikes, and more!