As an Automation Engineer, you will utilize your skills in data center automation technologies to build high-impact solutions for our customers. You will use your technical knowledge and real-world IT experience to help Kinney Group’s customers automate complex processes and build secure systems. This role requires the ability to work as part of a cross-functional team to help deliver the desired project outcomes on time and within budget. You will interface everyday with the project team by participating in all aspects of the Agile project execution. This is a customer facing role where you may be asked to work alongside of the customer on a regular basis.
- Three (3) years of experience in advanced usage of VMware vSphere
- Experience automating infrastructure provisioning processes with VMware vRealize Automation and vRealize Orchestrator.
- Experience using Puppet for automation and configuration management.
- In-depth knowledge of foundational DevOps concepts such as source code management (Git preferred) and infrastructure-as-code.
- At least 3-5 years of hands-on experience in IT systems administration with both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Experience working in Agile environments using Scrum or Kanban.
- BS in computer science, computer technology or other related field
Required Skills and Education
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience with prior DoD customer experience
- DoD Secret level clearance
- CompTIA Security+ certification
More about Kinney Group
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.