We’re looking for fintech enthusiasts to join us in creating the financial infrastructure of tomorrow. We’re building the first European Investment API to enable any financial institution to offer a broad range of investment products in their apps. Our view is backed by Europe's largest tech VCs (Earlybird, Notion Capital, Partech, HV Capital) and by renowned fintech entrepreneurs (including Maximilian Tayenthal, founder of N26, and Felix Haas, founder of IDnow).
Our vision is to create a world in which any asset can be owned and traded digitally by anyone, anywhere, and we're looking for ambitious pioneers to join us in this journey. Today, we count 30+ talented people from 15 different countries. We’re based in Berlin, Germany.
You’ll join the Tooling squad with Mike, helping build powerful tools for our clients. You’ll play a key role in building the first European securities API for financial institutions. You’ll support our microservice architecture (written in Go) development, and you'll be the domain expert in all data engineering-related aspects.
A greenfield project. Cutting edge technologies. No legacy code.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Design, implement and scale data pipelines transforming various data types into actionable data models. Help us form the way we track our business metrics.
- Provide design decisions around how we gather, process, and report on data
- Design the infrastructure and processes for optimal execution of data transformation. Our environment is based on Big Query.
- Build fault-tolerant, horizontally scalable systems, using a microservice architecture powered by Docker, Kubernetes, Linkerd service mesh, and Kong as a Gateway
- Build event-driven applications using Kafka
- Work on improving the reliability of our API tools, as well as developing innovative tools
- Prior experience with distributed systems
- Willingness to make Go your day-to-day language (production experience is not strictly required)
- Knowledge in Data Quality, Data Profiling and Data Integration tools
- Proficient in data-related governance, quality, storage, security aspects
- You have experience with Big Data query tools (e.g. Hive, HDFS, Azkaban) and other big data technologies (e.g. Kafka)
- Fluency with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, transaction isolation, performance optimization
- Fluency with event-driven architecture and concurrent algorithms
Nice to have:
- Experience with Docker, k8s, understanding principles of a service mesh
- Experience with Monitoring and Tracing using Datadog
- Understanding of encryption algorithms and their application
- Experience working in the Fintech domain
- We're working on solving a hard problem: fixing the European securities financial infrastructure that empowers more people to be able to invest. You have the opportunity to contribute to this change.
- We invest in you. From access to a personal coach, development budget and plenty of opportunities to grow in your role.
- We take hiring seriously with a strong focus on keeping a high bar when interviewing (equally important is that we also hire decent people who are passionate about their craft and helping up achieve our shared mission).
- While we're not quite fully-remote, we are committed to being a flexible employer as we understand you don't have to be in the office to do your best work.
- We live a culture of empowerment, trust (that we hire the best people and get out of their way) and openness (there's a greater advantage in sharing information than keeping it to ourselves).
- We ensure we take time to have fun as a team. We're looking forward to having more time in-person again once this becomes possible again.
- Think Fearlessly, Act Fast: We embrace the accelerated pace and ambiguity of building a business on the frontier. We take risks and look forward.
- Be Street Smart: We are always tuned in to what is going on. With ourselves, our team, our users and the market.
- Step Up, Stand Together: Every individual is prepared to speak up for what they believe in and stand together as a team to deliver the result, even when the going gets tough.
- Low Egos, High Expectations: Although we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have hunger and humility in equal measure.