Deepgram is looking for a Backend software engineer to lead the design and implementation of Deepgram’s products. You will design and implement secure, robust, and scalable services for speech processing; efficient, distributed data storage; optimized scheduling, and more. Your skill at building highly reusable code that overcomes technical challenges is paired with an intuition for delightful user experiences. You will be a critical voice in Deepgram’s Product and Engineering teams, driving high impact products from start to finish.
Deepgram is the leader in high performance computing (HPC) solutions for next-generation speech analytics. Our software works closely with GPU hardware to provide a low-latency, high-throughput, scalable speech API that our customers engage with. At Deepgram, you would be designing products powered by the latest deep learning technologies; implementing secure, robust, and scalable customer-facing services; and working with customers to ensure they are fully leveraging Deepgram’s product offerings. Ideal candidates would thrive on a faced-paced, impact-driven environment where learning new skills on-the-fly is encouraged.
- Improving Deepgram’s core ASR (automatic speech recognition) services including networking, speech processing, scheduling, etc
- Measuring, building, and optimizing services to maximize system performance
- Debugging complex system issues that include networking, scheduling and high performance computer interactions
- Customize backend services to support customer needs
- Designing and implementing new services, features, and/or products.
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies, libraries, frameworks, and languages.
- Expert competence in C, C++, or Rust (preferably Rust), with competence in Python.
- Competence in version control (preferably git).Competence with UNIX-style systems.
- Competence in working with and developing distributed systems.
- Desired: Basic understanding of the processes involved in modern machine learning
- Desired: competence in CUDA and comfortable with writing software that optimizes and/or interfaces to GPUs