We are continually looking for PHP web developers with existing experience who are passionate and thrive on new challenges and wish to join a our growing team of over 120 staff.
As as web developer with mtc, you are responsible for developing world-class web applications for our clients. You will work side-by-side with designers, project managers, frontend developers, marketing, and other backend developers to create new features/websites and continue to innovate existing websites for our clients.
SkillsWe’re ideally looking for candidates with experience working on web based solutions, including 3rd party integrations & API development. A diverse knowledge of frameworks/CMSs is not essential but celebrated. An eagerness to continue learning, ask questions, and who are able to organise themselves with multiple tasks and problems.
Additionally, we like to see developers who have experience with working directly with clients and a high level of English ability.
- Contribute to our own system architectures and features.
- Work directly with clients to discover and define requirements.
- Follow PSR/Framework/Security best practices for delivering quality, maintainable and testable code.
- Continually look to innovate and learn new strategies and technologies.
Location & HoursWe have offices in Dundee, Edinburgh, and Manchester (Aberdeen coming soon!). Additionally, we are happy to accept candidates outwith these areas for remote positions, with a significant proportion of our development team remotely in some capacity.
Our core hours are 9am-5:30pm at each region, however we are open to be flexible in many cases to any specific requirements.
Qualifications / ExperienceWe’re open for any candidates who have a strong passion for PHP web development with at least 2 years experience working in web technology.
For junior developers experience is not necessary however an accredited qualification is preferred along with a portfolio of existing work.
Our TechnologyWe succeed due to our capability to take on projects of any size and scope which includes a myriad of frameworks and CMSs. We have our own bespoke CMS and e-Commerce solutions but also deliver applications based on Wordpress (and Woocommerce), Drupal, Laravel, Symfony, Magento 2 & VueJS.
Our ProcessWe’ll invite you to an interview which we like to keep relaxed, focusing on finding common ground and technical basics. Afterwards our candidates are invited to do a technical trial for a few hours in which we aim to deliver feedback on the final result depending on if successful or otherwise.
- competitive starting salary
- good career progression opportunities
- great working environment in our custom designed waterside offices
- extra holidays based on service
- maternity and paternity pay
- two fully funded company social events every year
- annual social budget for the whole team to spend as you please
- access to exclusive client discounts
- cycle to work scheme participant
- free snacks, refreshments and breakfast