GivingData is a fast-growing Software-as-a-Service company that helps grantmaking foundations manage their philanthropic investments and collaborate with their nonprofit partners. Our purpose-built platform powers the grantmaking operations of some of the most forward-thinking foundations in the U.S.
We’re looking for a highly-motivated Business Development Associate interested in kick-starting their career in software sales in the social impact sector. As a BDA you will build new skills and tools to become a significant contributor to the success of our clients and to a growing technology company serving a very dynamic segment of the nonprofit sector.
The BDA is a fully remote position. This will be a salaried position with the goal of growing into a Business Development Representative within 6-12 months. The primary responsibility will be coordinating key business processes and communication that will help our sales team run smoothly.
- Effectively manage ad hoc duties that support the efficient operation of the sales team throughout the sales lifecycle.
- Support the sales team by scoring and assigning leads, including routing inbound leads appropriately.
- Work with the SVP of Business Development to assist in the day-to-day functions of the business development team as needed.
- Support the business development team in updating the sales pipeline in Hubspot to provide accurate forecasts to sales and leadership.
- Provide support in creating proposals (develop a first draft from a template, copyediting, pricing, etc.).
- Provide support in meetings and demos with prospects, including note-taking and follow up.
- You're not just looking for any entry-level job in sales. You’re looking for a real opportunity to learn and grow, make an impact, and advance your career in a growing company.
- You’re self-motivated, manage your time well, and have what it takes to succeed in a remote work environment.
- You have a positive and energetic personality with the innate ability to work well with your colleagues and with prospective clients.
- You have 1-2 years of business experience or commensurate internship experience with a strong interest in sales, technology and social impact. Recent college grads are encouraged to apply.
Why work at GivingData?
If purpose-driven work in the social impact sector is something you aspire to, and if helping foundations use new technology to strengthen their effectiveness excites you, then GivingData is a great career move. Here are some of the benefits you can look forward to when you join our team:
- The flexibility and autonomy of a remote work environment, regardless of your time zone
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans and optional Health Savings Account or Flex Spending Account
- 401k with employer match up to 4%
GivingData is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment, where we welcome and support people of varying backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives for the benefit of our company and the philanthropic community we serve. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and seek to hire qualified individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socio-economic status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.