Workplaceless is on a mission to positively impact both the supply and demand of sustainable remote work opportunities. (Learn more.)
Workplaceless is the world leader in remote work skills training, helping remote workers, managers, and companies thrive in location-free and flexible environments.
Currently, we are looking for a responsible and energetic Business Development Associate to join our team.
The Business Development Associate will work as a member of a highly collaborative team to develop, track, and analyze a robust pipeline of new business.
We’re a growing, fully-remote company, so we’re looking for someone who is driven, brings expertise in B2B sales, has an entrepreneurial spirit, and sees the importance of accelerated growth. The ideal candidate takes ownership and has initiative, is tenacious and goal-oriented, is motivated by metrics and targets, and communicates proactively.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle incoming chat and email buyer inquiries.
- Conduct market research.
- Identify new business opportunities.
- Cultivate relationships with clients and partners.
- Collaborate with team members across departments to implement growth strategies.
- Draft, contribute to, review, and finalize written proposals, including responses to Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Requests for Qualifications (RFQ).
- Develop, maintain, manage, and improve related internal processes and tools. (Tools we use include Google Drive, Copper CRM, ClickUp, Active Campaign, and MixMax.)
- Develop, inspect, mine, transform, and model data to raise productivity, improve decision making, and gain competitive advantage.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience in sales, business development, or related field
- 1+ year of experience and demonstrated achievement in B2B sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of presentations
- Organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Google Drive, CRMs, and project management software
- Degree or credential in business or related subject
- Remote work experience or remote work certification preferred
- Experience completing credentials outside of 2 and 4-year degree programs preferred
Based in the USA and available to commit to full time (35 hours/week) is preferred.
We’re looking for people who are both inspired by our mission to support remote work in a sustainable way, and those who feel aligned with our values:
- Diverse and open-minded community
- High ethical standards
- Transparent and reliable work habits
- Individual growth and learner orientation
- Belief in our ability to make something great together
We believe that the unique contributions of all Workplaceless team members is key to the success of our company as well as our people. To ensure that our products and culture continue to live into the diversity, inclusivity and accessibility of everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. You can read our full Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) statement here.
Please note: If you’re thrilled about this opportunity, but don’t meet 100% of the requirements, you should still consider applying.