This role will manage driving sales and product acquisition by managing the company’s B2B Ready to Wear new business acquisition and existing client base. For this role you’ll be focused on self sourcing new leads and converting referrals from internal partners. You’ll be motivated by a desire to win with a strong sense of personal responsibility and a “roll up your sleeves” mentality to push tasks to completion.
Your ability to strategize with businesses will be crucial to your success in getting the best product for our platform and expanding the volume and quality of consignments. You will be responsible for developing marketing strategies to continually increase consignment with The RealReal. This role will provide unparalleled service for the country’s largest online luxury consignment marketplace.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Drives business by prospecting existing connections and developing points of aggregation with new vendor consignor businesses. These contacts include but are not limited to: Luxury brands, boutique owners, wholesalers, re-sellers, manufacturers, jobbers, and business consignors
- Achieves the quarterly consignment goal for your market through self-generated and corporate leads
- Develops and implements marketing strategies to continually increase consignment with The RealReal
- Meets with consignors in their businesses to set price expectations and procure their luxury merchandise
- Utilizes your knowledge of luxury merchandise to carefully review and process all items for shipment to ensure they are cataloged and up to our very high quality standards
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions,proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software; and Word Processing software
What You Bring To The Role
- Relationships with a large number of connections who you could immediately convert to consignors is a must. You should also have a very strong network of professional contacts who could also yield additional consignors
- At least five years’ experience in wholesale, business development, or e-commerce of luxury goods; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- A strong sales ability and mentality paired with an entrepreneurial spirit
- A high degree of business acumen, sophistication, and the ability to establish trust is mission critical. This position requires the person to work directly with very discriminating clientele
- Demonstrated track record of meeting & exceeding monthly goals
- Critical knowledge of luxury brands. Great attention to detail and customer service
- Ability to master multiple technical devices and systems
- Experience with Salesforce a plus