Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education, and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise has become central to many more families and organizations than ever before. Our business is growing explosively and as of July, 400,000 learners have taken more than over 1.3M class hours. We've already doubled our team so far this year to keep up with growth. As well as growing our business, we're committed to access and impact so we founded outschool.org to offer $1M in financial assistance to families in need. We're Series A stage, have raised $22M in funding and are profitable.
The Operations team is charged with hiring and developing a world-class team, ensuring the financial and legal health of the company, improving operations across the executive team and supporting the entire organization with analytical insights. The team is led by the Head of Operations with responsibility for finance, legal, people ops, analytics, and outschool.org.
The Business Operations lead is responsible for owning the operating and financial model for Outschool, managing cross-functional data analysis, understanding key business metrics, and creating new operational processes. They will also contribute to strategy and planning while working alongside the executive team to evaluate new lines of business, international expansion and acquisitions.
- Support executives on strategic growth initiatives
- Evaluate new business opportunities such as acquisitions and international expansion
- Lead financial analysis and reporting
- Track business metrics and report to the executive team and board
- Develop lean, effective, scalable operational processes
- Support the Head of Operations, People Ops Lead and Analytics Leads with a wide variety of financial, operational and legal projects
- Adopt and amplify our culture
- Promote diversity, equity and inclusion
- Grow with us
We look for:
- 5+ years experience in a financial, consulting or business operations role
- Effective communication: in writing, in meetings, and one-on-one
- Financial and data analysis skills
- Experience reporting metrics & financials to management teams, boards
- Experience negotiating with vendors to achieve cost savings
- The highest level of integrity
- Hands-on experience in a high-growth startup environment
- Ability to learn quickly and to cope with ambiguity
- Experience in business development is a plus
- Experience evaluating partnership or acquisition opportunities is a plus
- Experience growing a team a plus
We're open to remote applicants in US time zones (within 3 hours of Pacific time).
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.