BetterLesson empowers K-12 teachers to build a modern classroom: learner-centered, culturally responsive, and personalized. Instead of the conventional one-size-fits-all professional development format for educators, BetterLesson supports teachers in a way that’s personalized and continuous -- using a mix of remote 1:1 coaching, remote team coaching, remote workshops, and in-person workshops, all supported by the BetterLesson Lab software. We match each teacher with a world-class coach and then leverage our technology to suggest customized teaching strategies, to measure impact on student learning, and to improve teaching practice continuously through rapid iteration. This process leads to off-the-charts teacher love (our data shows teachers love BetterLesson more than Apple users love their iPhones), high administrator engagement, and, most importantly, dramatic teacher and student growth.
BetterLesson has raised over $30M of venture capital and grant funding, serves over 400 school districts, sees 850K+ monthly active users accessing our online lessons and strategies, and is expanding quickly.
About Our Culture
We are a growing team of teaching practice geeks, educational opportunity devotees, and product development specialists who are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as reflected in and supported by our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Continuum. We place tremendous value on our company’s roots and culture: a shared passion to transform professional learning for educators at scale and a sense of urgency to achieve this vision on behalf of students.
BetterLesson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and value the inclusion of diverse perspectives of our team in support of our work with students and partners. We are deeply committed to providing equitable access and lifting up different voices inside and outside of the organization. We enthusiastically invite individuals of all backgrounds, including people of all races, colors, religions, sexes, pregnancy statuses (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origins, ages, marital statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, non-disqualifying physical or mental disabilities, and/or any other characteristics unrelated to merit, to apply. At BetterLesson, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All candidates should have the experience, competence, and enthusiasm to dive into our highly dynamic organization headfirst and rapidly solve complex, exciting, and interconnected problems. We offer a unique opportunity to join a small team and make a massive impact on our education system.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced communicator, educator, and strategic, action-oriented leader to join us as a Customer Success Manager, which here at BetterLesson we call a Partner Success Manager (PSM). PSMs are the primary drivers of stewarding strong and enduring relationships with our partners (primarily including schools, school districts, education associations, and foundations), and share the responsibility for retaining and growing our partnerships. They do so by ensuring close alignment with our partners on key priorities, and consulting with partners on an ongoing basis to build a shared line of sight on teacher and student growth and progress.
PSMs also work closely and collaboratively across BetterLesson, including with the sales, solution design, product, and services teams, to ensure partnerships are running smoothly and on track to deliver maximum impact.
- Manage a portfolio of partners, building long-term relationships with partner leadership (e.g., superintendents, assistant superintendents, principals, curriculum directors).
- Ensure flawless end-to-end program delivery, including leading partner kickoffs, implementing concurrent project plans, and facilitating partner meetings that deliver incredible value with data and insights.
- Actively collect and analyze partner data to build powerful impact stories that move the partnership forward, and strengthen trust in BetterLesson.
- Anticipate challenges and proactively provide support to ensure high quality implementation of BetterLesson services.
- Join a collaborative team and company to ensure solid experiences for partners, improve our organization’s processes, support our company values, and bring your unique and authentic you.
- Passionate about education and equity.
- A strong relationship builder and communicator with a keen ability to engage a diverse set of stakeholders.
- A detail-driven project manager, with strong planning and implementation skills, such that nothing ever falls through the cracks.
- Adept with turning qualitative and quantitative data into compelling stories.
- The type of person who thrives in ambiguity and complexity, and is a consummate self-starter.
- 3+ years in a customer facing role a customer-facing role, such as Customer Success, Customer Support or Account Management.
- 4-6 years of work experience in an educational setting (e.g., district, school, ed tech) in roles that required working cross-functionally and across organizations.
- Navigated the complexities of school and school district relationships, with a demonstrated ability to build and leverage relationships with school- and school system leaders.
- Demonstrated the flexibility required as a leader in results-oriented, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environments.
- Made the organizations you’ve worked at more effective, even after you’ve moved on.
- Been successful at simultaneously managing multiple highly complex projects across multiple teams.
- Proficiency with Salesforce and Hubspot with a desire to learn new technologies that support our partner relationships.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with an awesome team to solve important problems.
- A competitive salary.
- Health and other employee benefits.
- Equity in the business you are helping to build.
- A flexible schedule and vacation policy.
- The opportunity to spend everyday working to improve outcomes for teachers and students.