Join Sweeten, a fast growing, award-winning tech company based in New York City and founded by trained architects. We're a team of ambitious, driven, and fun people who are fascinated by construction, design, and tech, and we're building the go-to marketplace for renovations.
The Customer Success Manager will play a crucial role managing and nurturing relationships with General Contractors (GCs) to help them grow their businesses by winning projects on Sweeten.com. We welcome applications from self-starters who are comfortable taking the initiative and keen problem solvers with the ability to think on their feet. This job blends customer service, coaching, and sales and it isn’t for the faint of heart. Sometimes you won’t know the right answer, but you’re the kind of person who isn’t satisfied until your customer is. You won’t be delivering canned answers, rather you’ll be partnering to get results, and you’ll occasionally need to rely on your good instincts and compassionate communication while you quickly research a response.
We’ll count on you to approach your work in service of your customers and teammates, understanding the intrinsic values of building trust and upholding a high level of responsiveness. We’re looking for someone who takes deep pride in delivering superior, personalized customer service while also excelling at time management, prioritization, and organization. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, extreme attention to detail, persistence and patience in problem-solving, and an ability to find the high road in challenging situations are all key qualities for this member of our team.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will:
- Spend most of your time speaking with GCs over the phone
- Effectively manage relationships with GC accounts to improve business performance
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers within each account
- Retain, engage and develop high potential accounts in each market that you manage
- Drive adoption of newly released product features with your accounts
- Meet minimum account retention and account growth objectives
- Meet minimum quantitative and qualitative account improvement objectives
- Develop baseline understanding of geographic markets and nuances of GC businesses
- Provide superior customer service
- 1 to 3 years of professional experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, especially over the phone
- Efficient and effective follow-up skills via phone and email
- Superior organizational skills, work ethic, and time management
- Passion for problem solving and ability to think on your feet
- Excellence in teamwork and a service mindset
- Composure under pressure within an energetic, fast paced environment
- Flexible schedule that allows for morning, evening, and weekend work when necessary
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, sales, or account management a plus
- Outbound cold calling experience or other examples of extensive phone work a plus
- Past experience in construction as a GC or working for a GC a plus
- Familiarity with residential renovations a plus
This position is remote; candidates from anywhere in the world are welcome to apply. However, Sweeten works in two time zones: Eastern Time and Indian Standard Time and this position will need to work fully during Eastern Time Zone hours.
We offer competitive compensation, exciting growth opportunities, fully-funded health plans, 401(k) options, and fly Sweeten swag (all designed in-house). Sweeten deeply values diversity and individuality, and is committed to creating a work environment where creativity, ideas, interests, and varied perspectives are valued and central to the success of our team. If you're interested in joining our team, hit “apply for this job” below and fill out the brief form. Be sure to include a cover letter that lets us know why this position sounds like a great fit for you and how you’ll succeed at Sweeten.