We are looking to recruit a highly skilled Data Analyst to join our Local Authority team. You will be responsible for cleansing, analysing, interpreting and presenting information to support performance management, service development and delivery of insight. You'll be working in an agile team and we will consider both remote and local candidates. Your involvement in this team will generate more efficient processes data flows and ultimately improve the experience for our client’s citizens and employees.
- Developing and implementing data flows
- Delivering the acquisition, cleansing, and transformation of data
- Identifying opportunities through the production of analysis, comparisons and benchmarks
- Analysing data with statistical techniques, applying appropriate caveats and contextualising the presentation of the analysis to provide a clear message(s)
- Engaging with subject matter experts within the organisation to understand data quality and lineage
- Understanding and working with colleagues to ensure continued compliance with information governance framework and statute
- Undertaking complex analysis of information to ensure consistent and accurate reporting of operational activity to meet the needs of stakeholders.
- Providing regular data and information updates
- Routinely undertaking data-quality checks to a high-level of data accuracy
Why work for Headforwards?
We are a software development company with just over 100 people from 18 different countries and we like to have fun at work. We are agile with a very laid-back feel, a relatively flat structure and small self-organising teams of 2-7 people. There's no pressure to work extra hours to churn out more and more code. At Headforwards, our culture and environment is dedicated to making people happy at work. We have lots of social activities and monthly learning sessions and this is a place where you can make a difference, work in a small team start-up feel but benefit from the support of a larger community of developers and like-minded people. We work in teams dedicated to various clients and we work on global projects with cutting edge technologies, tools and techniques.
- Previous experience in similar role where you have worked hands-on with data, designed data flows and analysed data
- Advanced experience of using Microsoft Excel is essential as well as some exposure to MS Azure Cloud and MS SQL Server
- Advanced data analysis skills
- Great stakeholder management skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to ensure information is accurate, congruent, reliable, and is easily available to users for direct consumption or integration with other systems
- Experience of using Python or R
- Experience of using advanced statistical techniques
The closing date for this role is 30th November 2020. We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
No recruitment agencies please.