Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and Europe
We are looking for Data Analysts who will play a key role in improving risk management for core risk products at Kraken. You will transform large datasets from complex systems, generate actionable insights and share the results with stakeholders at all levels of the company. You will partner and lead projects with product management, engineering, risk, compliance and finance teams to influence global risk roadmap and processes.
You are a self-starter, results driven and passionate to drive success of products at Kraken using the power of data analytics.
- Conduct data analysis and generate actionable insights and make recommendations for improving risk metrics for Kraken’s products
- Identify and investigate anomalies, escalate requests of risk related questions
- Communicate key results with self-serve tools (dashboards, analytics tools) for your product teams and key stakeholders
- Develop and automate reporting of key performance indicators of various Kraken’s products and services at scale, solving for business priorities
- Partner with product managers to design experiments to test hypothesis and help with idea generation and refinement
- Collaborate with engineering teams and stakeholders to build key datasets and data pipelines using Python/ETL frameworks
- Be a data evangelist and help Kraken improve its products and services
- 3+ years industry experience in data analytics solving problems in risk related fields such as fraud, security, compliance
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, scripting languages and database concepts
- Experience with big data tools (Hadoop, Presto, Spark, Druid, etc)
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts
- Experience with BI Software (Superset / Tableau / etc)
- Familiarity with data warehouse development and best practices
- The versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
Nice to have
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency ecosystem
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Data Science or related technical field
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.