ConcertAI is the leading provider of precision oncology solutions for biopharma and healthcare, leveraging the largest collection of research-grade Real-world Data and the only broadly deployed oncology-specific AI solutions. Our mission is to improve translational sciences; accelerate therapeutic clinical development; and provide new capabilities for post-approval studies to accelerate needed new medical innovations to patients and to improve patient outcomes.
ConcertAI has emerged as one of the highest growth technology companies in Real-world Data and AI, backed by industry leading private equity companies: SymphonyAI, Declaration Partners, Maverick Ventures, and Alliance|Bernstein.
Summary of the Role
ConcertAI Patient Solutions is seeking a highly motivated candidate for the role of data scientist. In this role, you will work with a small team responsible for designing, prototyping, and developing brand new capabilities for our clients. This work includes all aspects of data exploration, analysis, and predictive/descriptive modeling on patient data for various stakeholders in the healthcare domain. You should have a good mix of programming/computer science, visualization, stats/math, and operations research and ideally, you have been applying those skills for life science companies. You will design methods and models around client driven needs, and you will collaborate with various subject matter experts to inform those methods. You will assist the client delivery team with insights, dashboards, and ad-hoc analytics. You will also work with the engineering team to build prototypes and models for new product development. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can take a novel problem and develop a unique solution.
- Work with a team to develop advanced analytic techniques to interrogate, visualize, interpret, and contextualize data and develop novel solutions to healthcare specific problems
- Implement a variety of analytics from data processing & QA to exploratory analytics and complex predictive models
- Understand client / product needs and translate them into tactical initiatives with defined goals and timelines
- Implement models using high level software packages (SKlearn, TensorFlow, PySpark, Databricks)
- Collaborate on software projects, providing analytical guidance and contributing to codebase
- Devises modeling and measuring techniques, and utilizes mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques (linear programming, game theory, probability theory, symbolic language, etc.) and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines to investigate complex issues, identify, and solve problems, and aid better decision making
- Plans, designs, coordinates and controls the progress of project work to meet client objectives; prepares and presents reports to clients
- Solves highly specialized technical objectives or problems without a pre-defined approach where the use of creative, imaginative solutions is required
- Synthesize raw data into digestible and actionable information.
- Identify specific research areas that merit investigation, develop new hypotheses and approaches for studies and evaluate the feasibility of such endeavors.
- Initiate, formulate, plan, execute and controls studies, which are designed for the purpose of identifying, analyzing, and reporting on healthcare related issues.
- Advise management on the selection of an appropriate study design, analysis, and in interpretation of study results.
- Perform studies, analyses, and evaluations of information technology systems, such as requirements analysis, feasibility studies, or cost/benefit analyses.
- BS in mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering, or similar discipline
- Minimum of 5 years analysis experience
- Solid experience writing SQL queries
- Strong programming abilities Python (pandas, sklearn, numpy/scipy, pyspark)
- Knowledge of statistical methods- regression, ANOVA, EDA, PCA, etc.
- Basic visualization skills- matplotlib/seaborn/plotly/etc. PowerBI experience highly preferred.
- Experience manipulating data sets through commercial and open source software (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake, Spark, Python, R, Databricks)
- Working knowledge of medical claims data (ICD-10 codes, HCPCS, CPT, etc.)
- Experience utilizing a range of analytics involving standard data in the Pharmaceutical Industry e.g. claims data from Symphony, IQVIA, Truven, Allscripts, etc.
- Must be comfortable conversing with the end-users
- Excellent analytical, verbal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Advanced Excel skills including (v-look-up, pivot tables, charts, graphing, and macros)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to lead meetings and give presentations
Learn More About ConcertAI
ConcertAI is transforming how healthcare is delivered and dedicated to improving patient outcomes in oncology by offering innovative solutions on how data and intelligence is used to solve healthcare problems. We are creating something special in our culture, by building a collaborative, engaged, patient focused, team approach to our mission. Our high-performance teams are looking to add great talent to the mix and we are hiring for the right mix of new skills and diverse mindset. Learn more about ConcertAI at www.concertai.com or on LinkedIn .