Metastate is a research and engineering team focused on implementing cutting-edge research from numerous disciplines (distributed systems, PLT, zero-knowledge cryptography) and deploying them to solve hard problems in the blockchain space, such as scalability, secure smart contract languages, secure randomness or privacy. In addition to the open-source R&D areas, Metastate is expanding its focus towards mainstream end-users, with the goals of making financial sovereignty, privacy-enhancing, and secure technologies as accessible for as many people as possible.
Metastate is a remote-first team, currently composed of cross-disciplinary researchers and engineers located around the world. Our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
- Work closely with the Chief Product Officer and the rest of the product team.
- Aesthetics, visual identity, and branding design for the projects and subprojects of our roadmap, in addition to period reviewing, improving, or refreshing existing visuals and branding versions.
- Create, execute, and provide instances in the suitable formats (both digital and print) of the projects and subprojects’ key visual components to the relevant team members, such as for communications or for social media profiles.
- Prototyping and wireframe creation of user-friendly website or browser-based applications’, in addition to period review, improving, or upgrading existing websites or browser-based applications’ features.
- Prototyping and designing user-friendly interfaces and interactions for native mobile applications.
- Be user-driven and work closely with the product and other teams at the organization in order to enhance and improve existing products and projects taking into consideration internal and external user feedback.
- Miscellaneous brand-carrying items design, such as t-shirts, stickers, posters, business cards, etc.
- Company’s official website (v1.0)
- Juvix product website (currently v.0)
- MASP product website (currently v.0)
- Forum (currently based on Discourse)
- Blog (currently based on Ghost)
- Passionate and up for challenges when creating and designing –please share your design portfolio.
- 5+ or more years of experience professionally or in combination with personal experience in aesthetics, visual identity, and branding design, with 3+ years of experience designing website or browser-based interfaces and applications.
- Capable and excited about navigating and contributing to the complete product and project lifecycle from inception.
- Motivated and interested in staying up-to-date with the latest and newest design trends and innovations.
- Proactive at communicating, both verbally and in written form, and coordinating with the team.
- Self-organized and autonomous, expect minimal management in a flexible and remote work environment.
- Verbal and written fluency in English in order to communicate in the organization or make presentations internally.
- 2+ years of professional experience in mobile UI/UX of launched applications (currently live and being used).
- 2+ years of experience in end-to-end product design.
- Previous professional or personal experience in animations or advanced graphic design techniques.
- Previous experience in reading or interacting with products and interfaces to blockchain technologies.
- Previous experience in designing fintech or financial applications or products.
- Knowledge and fluency in other languages.
- Preferred if residing within (+/- 3 hours) Central European time zones.
- Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature and hiking. Often we find that products are best designed not in a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔️.