SelfDecode is a well-funded biotech startup in the personalized health space. We build software to help interpret peoples’ genetics, lab tests and symptoms in order to give personalized health recommendations. Our primary goal is to give people the tools they need to live a healthier and better life.
- We are a flat organization and prioritize efficiency.
- We work as a team and every input and suggestion is taken into account, no matter who it comes from.
- We thrive on open communication and dedication.We are a meritocracy and people who show good abilities or skills can move up in the organization fast, get raises, etc…
- We expect people to work full time without side gigs.
- We expect the applicant to have a long term relationship with our company.
- We expect employees to be proactive and autonomous.
- We do not micromanage.
- Dishonesty is not tolerated at all, and we thrive on trust.
- When you're working, we expect you to work.
- We emphasize skills & abilities rather than formal education.
Job Type and Pay:
We are looking for a seasoned DevOps Engineer with significant skills and experience. Pay will be in accordance with abilities, skills, experience, hustle, leadership, level of English proficiency and location.
- Full time - we expect people to put in 40 hrs a week or more
- Fully Remote.
- No agencies.
- Salary: $20-$50/hr USD or 40-100k USD/year - depending on skills, speed, experience, proficiency in our tech stack, location, English fluency, communication, leadership abilities, work hustle & drive, personality, plusses listed, etc...
- Equity is also available for outstanding applicants and those with leadership abilities - people who can take on a leadership role.
We will not accept people without 2+ years of professional experience.
- 2+ years of professional dev-ops experience
- Python...Preferrably Django OR Flask
- Docker: Dockerfiles + containers orchestration of choice (docker-compose, ECS, kubernetes)
- AWS OR Azure OR Google cloud
- Git: basic ops + history manipulation (rebase, interactive rebase, stashing, patches)
The Ideal Candidate:
- Can debug an issue anywhere: backend, frontend, platform
- Has 5+ years of professional experience in devops.
- Has Security Engineer Experience
The ideal candidate has solid understanding and usage experience of the following technologies:
- Django Rest Framework
- mypy, typing
- Designing docker images
- Bash Shell
- Advanced history manipulation
- Basic DBA skills
- API Gateways
- Secrets Manager and Systems Manager
- Event Bus
- and more...
Extra tech and experience is a plus.