Expanse protects the world’s most important organizations by discovering risks on the Internet no one else can find. Our customers comprise more than 10% of the routable Internet and rely on our products to discover, manage, and secure their global Internet assets. Born from DARPA, Expanse was founded in 2012 and is backed by more than $135M in funding.
At Expanse, we believe in making the internet a safer place for our customers, and this team is right at the forefront of that mission.
We are looking for a DevSecOps Engineer with the experience to help realize our security initiatives. You will implement best security practices in the areas of infrastructure, network security, and compliance by collaborating with the DevOps, IT & security teams to improve Expanse's security posture.
As a DevSecOps Engineer, you are a collaborative, analytical, detail-oriented engineer who can articulate risk, manage complex projects, and build trust in other departments to secure technology ecosystems in a rapidly-growing startup.
You’ll work using our agile process, enabling rapid feature development, and automating infrastructure management through the use of technologies like Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Prometheus in a multi-cloud environment.
DevSecOps at Expanse enables rapid product delivery across the organization securely. We work alongside Developers on every project.
We design. We code. We deliver. And we have fun while doing it. If this sounds interesting to you then contact us. We want to learn more about you.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the development team to configure, support, and improve the security posture of our Big Data platform, Corporate & Cloud infrastructure.
- Research and Implement security-focused tools to defend our infrastructure & applications from risks.
- Ensure that security requirements and considerations are woven into the development of each system.
- Work with the Security team to develop a strategy to monitor threats and vulnerabilities impacting Expanse clients and employees.
- Partner with the security team on active or emerging threats.
- Participate in the DevOps Agile Iteration/ Scrum Sprint process.
- Practice an "infrastructure as code" approach to system management.
- Improve the signal to noise ratio from alerts and work with the security team to generate meaningful alerts.
- Drive continuous process feedback improvement.
- Perform routine audits of the infrastructure, Build a resolution plan around any deficiencies/areas for improvement.
- Develop and maintain the network architecture diagrams.
- Participate in on-call rotation, respond to alerts, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Expert in at least one Public Cloud (AWS or GCP or Azure).
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of security in regards to consumer-facing applications
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services and strong experience with cloud primitives such as VPC, Identity, and Access Management (IAM) Policy, Key Management Service (KMS), CloudTrail, Web Application Firewall (WAF)
- Experience with log collection/aggregation from various systems including native AWS/GCP offerings, K8S, Cisco infrastructure.
- Experienced with SecOps processes i.e. event/ incident management
- Experience with distributed Linux systems administration
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform or CloudFormation)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Proficiency in scripting using Bash, Python
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- AWS certified security engineers will be highly preferred
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
- Company sponsored parental leave
- 401k Plan
- Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops
- $75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend
- $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
- $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities
- $500, one time, to customize your remote work space so you have what you need to be comfortable and productive
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Refer a Friend
Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email email@example.com to learn more!
Expanse is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.