Nurx is on a mission to change the way healthcare is delivered, making it more accessible and affordable for patients, nationwide. With a specialty in sensitive health, we have built the industry-leading telehealth platform that spans consultation, diagnoses and fulfillment (right to your door). We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare industry and that’s where you come in!
Today we have more than 300,000 patients, are growing 90% year-over-year, and operate in 30 states. We are lucky to count Kleiner Perkins and Union Square Ventures as investors and Chelsea Clinton and Regina Benjamin as Board Members.
About the job:
Nurx is looking for an experienced Director of Data to join our growing engineering team. As a director you will be responsible for growing and nurturing a talented team of data analysts and engineers. You will work closely with teams ranging from Clinical, Finance, Operations, and Marketing to identify ways that analytics and forecasts can help them meet their goals. You will oversee and manage our real-time analytics tooling, including all of our data engineering efforts, both internally and in our product.
What You’ll do:
- Recruit and retain a talented diverse team of analysts and engineers.
- Build and develop data science at Nurx.
- Provide an environment to grow and nurture the careers of your team.
- Evolve our real-time data acquisition and analysis pipeline.
- Develop a customer focused feedback loop of delivering value frequently with our internal teams.
- Collaborate with other leaders to evolve and scale our engineering and data culture.
- Engage in the business goals as well as the technology.
- Strong advocacy for technical standards and quality across Nurx.
A bit about you:
- 5+ years of management experience working for a tech-focused company.
- 5+ years of data engineering and analytics experience of progressive responsibility.
- Passion for software development processes and engineering culture.
- Successfully built a team, defined its mission, and executed on its goals.
- Experience evaluating tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact.
- Effectively recruited, mentored, and retained great people.
We get excited about candidates who:
- Have managed data scientists, engineers, and analysts in a remote first company.
- Are motivated by curiosity, with a bias towards action.
- Actively learn and develop their leadership abilities.
- Shown the ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control, PrEP, and HPV screens.
And we need you to help us continue to make this happen.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, wellness, and engineering technology benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and tentatively based in San Francisco, CA. We are looking for the right leadership, so we are geographically flexible.