Airbase is the first all-in-one spend management platform that provides companies unparalleled control and visibility into every dollar spent. Finance teams deserve a solution that eliminates the tedious work involved in managing spend and allows them to focus on being strategic partners to the rest of the business. We do that by replacing the multiple systems typically used to manage spend with a single platform that handles every workflow, including expense approvals and payments, while also automating the bulk of spend-related accounting. Innovative companies, like Gusto, Segment, Doximity, Getaround, Netlify, and more, trust Airbase. We are a remote-first company and have team members across the globe.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing leader with experience in go-to-market & product strategy, product launches, messaging/positioning, and pricing, to build out our product marketing function. This role will report into the VP of Marketing, but will act as a strategic partner for product leadership and work closely with the CEO, VP of Sales, sales enablement and customer success.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Develop messaging, positioning, and marketing materials for the Airbase spend management platform, and drive alignment across sales, product, marketing, partners and customer success.
- Equip our sales and customer success teams to win more deals with positioning, sales tools, collateral and product/market knowledge, with the aim of increasing close rates, competitive win rates, reducing sales cycle length and increasing average deal size.
- Lead successful product launches, from inception through launch to reporting on success.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships; understand and translate customer needs into product requirements and work with product leaders to prioritize the roadmap. Own the go-to-market communication of the roadmap.
- Ensure our partners have the materials and product training they need to sell Airbase to their customers and prospects.
- Help solidify our thought leadership position. Craft narrative, build presentations and write compelling content for analysts, media and influencer communities. Be a key player in driving category leadership.
- Collect, synthesize, and share user and market research across the company.
- Manage, measure, and make recommendations to continually improve the customer journey. Take ownership of our freemium-to-paid strategy and optimize the customer lifecycle to maximize upgrade revenue.
- Take a leadership position as we expand our ICP in a thoughtful, measured way. Search and screen new opportunity areas by analyzing customer requirements, workflows, market trends and competitive gaps.
- Make pricing recommendations as our product and market footprint increases, to maximize revenue and profitability, and increase deal size.
- In short, be the in-house expert on our:
- You are a team of one for now but, in the future, you will lead and grow the product marketing function. Be ready and able to build a team that both drives immediate impact and is built for scale. When the time comes, you’ll lead from the front and serve as a coach and mentor.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A gift for storytelling and the ability to craft compelling messaging and content.
- 8+ years marketing experience.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience for B2B SaaS products.
- Finance and accounting knowledge and fintech experience is a big plus
- Experience creating a wide array of content: videos, blog posts, case studies, etc.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- A maniacal focus on metrics and results.
- A proven track record of driving successful go-to-market launches that drive adoption and bottom line impact.
- Strong program management skills. Highly cross-functional, detail-oriented, with the ability to partner with different stakeholders and teams across the company.
- Self-starter with the ability to succeed in high growth, fast-paced environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.