Gravitational is a rapidly growing software company that is building next generation, open source solutions like Teleport and Gravity. Gravitational is a Y-Combinator company that is well funded by additional top-tier investors and growing quickly. We value our craft, a work-life balance and embrace a culture of mutual respect.
Gravitational is committed to creating products and offerings that are built in open source and provide incredible value to the market. We are part of the wave of companies responding to an increasing demand for security and compliance tools. Organizations have to expand their compute needs and adopt Cloud, Edge, Kubernetes and other modern technologies, which is where Gravitational comes in.
We are looking for a technical, dynamic, creative, and scrappy Product Marketing leader to join the team. The individual will be a key driver for our future growth and will have the opportunity to define new products and offerings, create positioning, define pricing, drive product launches, drive key campaigns, create innovative go-to-market strategies, and evangelize the products and offerings to prospects, customers, analysts and internal stakeholders.
Reporting to the CMO, the Director of Product Marketing will work closely with the product management team to develop and execute on the future roadmap and success of our product portfolio. They’ll work closely with the demand generation team to create content that inspires and excites our prospects, with the sales team on effective sales enablement strategies and content creation that effectively positions our products and differentiates our offerings from the competition, and with the product teams on translating product features into marketable assets.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to be part of a company experiencing explosive growth and the ability to learn from successful entrepreneurs, this may be the right opportunity.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Owning all product marketing functions for all our products – messaging, positioning, packaging, pricing, sales & channel enablement, and revenue generation
- Writing website content and copy
- Supporting the demand generation team with content (blogs/articles, webinars, and video) that increases demand
- Working with the CMO on compelling messages and content that results in better coverage in key analyst publications, trade, business, and national media outlets
- Growing a team of strong product marketing professionals over time
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Strong technical background in DevOps, SecOps, SIEM, cybersecurity, or similar technology, probably with experience as a support engineer, sales engineer, or a product manager and the ability to demo the product and speak “developer-speak”
- Comfortable with current cloud infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes and AWS primitives, and with tools like Terraform, Ansible, etc
- Experience promoting open-source projects
- Proven record and background in marketing B2B software products to engineering audiences; experience in subscription-based cloud offerings a definite plus
- A love for positioning and messaging and creating content for websites, podcasts, and white papers for the broader marketing and sales team
- Energetic, scrappy, no task is beneath you; this is both a strategic role and a “doing” role on a very collaborative marketing team
- You have past senior product marketing or product management experience with proven success and references
Gravitational was founded to provide products and tools that simplify and take care of the ever-escalating complexity of building and running software everywhere - cloud, hybrid cloud, on-premise.
We are on a mission to help engineers and organizations such as NASDAQ, Ticketmaster, Snowflake, and Mulesoft erase security and deployment boundaries between networks and cloud providers in order to securely deploy and access their applications anywhere on the planet with minimal oversight.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, platinum level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.