Bottomline is at the forefront of digital transformation. We are a growing global market leader uniquely equipped to address the changing needs of how businesses pay and get paid. Our culture of working with and for each other enables us to delight our customers. We empower our teams to think like owners driving customer delight, helping them grow their business and win in their markets.
As the Director of Quality Engineering, you will plan, develop and execute the overall quality engineering strategy for Legal Spend Management product offerings by instilling a culture of quality first and innovation. The LSM Group develops a suite of integrated solutions enabling P&C Insurance carriers to manage their litigated claims throughout the entire claims lifecycle, from assignment to bill review to advance analytics.
The Director of Quality Engineering will work closely with other leaders in the Product Development and Delivery organizations including the Architecture, Engineering, Product Management, and DevOps team to plan, coordinate and foster a team-based approach to high-quality launches and drive appropriate changes within the LSM organization to ensure high-quality deliverables. He/She will champion code health, testability, maintainability, and will drive processes that accelerate implementing and releasing software on time and with high quality by leveraging the latest technologies and tools to establish a foundation for innovation, reliability, and scalability. To be successful, you must be able to demonstrate leadership, coaching and mentoring skills combined with the flexibility of working in a fast-paced product development environment. This is a strategic role and requires a long and short-term vision for the quality management strategy.
This role can be based out of an open location within the US, East Coast preferred
How you’ll contribute:
- Drive cross-functional adoption of a quality-first culture that aligns with business priorities and objectives
- Proactively provide functional, regression and integration testing of our products as well as certification across browsers and devices
- Lead a Quality Engineering organization focused on improving development velocity, scalability, and testability across diverse products and platforms
- Deliver Support for identified functions - driving resolution, reporting & managing SLA, and KPI, root cause analysis
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure
- Develop a product testing strategy covering long term and short-term recommendations and actions
- Daily review and monitoring of de-risk activities from initiation through delivery
- Proactively maintain high-quality standards through systematic metrics-driven test planning and test execution to measure and drive continuous improvements
What will make you successful:
- Advanced working knowledge of QA processes and methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, able to interface with all functions and at all levels within the organization
- Hands on experience with BDD Automation framework
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations
- Thorough understanding of performance and automation testing. Hands on experience in JMeter or other performance testing tools
- Strong leadership skills
- Direct experience designing, building and implementing an automation framework
- Experience with developing an automated testing framework and quality controls for data science and ML/AI programs
- Programming experience, preferably in Java and/or Python
- Experience with CI/CD container-driven pipelines and DevOps tooling and deployment automation
- An understanding of SSDLC (Secure Software)
- Working knowledge and experience with JIRA, Confluence, and Git
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- 10-15 years of experience in the software development lifecycle, from design through implementation and production deployment.
You’ll love Bottomline because in everything we do we seek to delight our customers and we are passionate about building a company of which we can all be proud, and this starts with building amazing teams filled with team members that challenge you every day.