StraighterLine is an innovative online educational platform that helps solves the #1 issue facing students today – the skyrocketing cost of college.
The Director of Sales focus is the acquisition of patnerships at higher education institution across North America. They will be responsible for the strategy, planning, selling, negotiation and contract execution of the new partnerships at these schools.
The Business Development Executive facilitates dialogues and discussions with Deans and Provosts, Enrollment leadership, central administration, faculty and staff in all schools to maximize a mutually beneficial partnership in which both organizations realize their objectives. This position will establish new program partnerships, and work very closely with the Customer Support Teams of each institution.
Goals of the Position:
- Meet or exceeds sales goals
- Provide exceptional support to the customer during the sales and implementation process
- Identify trends and opportunities to grow StraighterLine partner relationships
The best candidate will be able to:
- Work with other staff that support the sales process; organize, and lead the development of proposal strategies that focus on StraighterLine’s positioning, solution offerings, and value in the higher education marketplace
- Use a Solution Selling sales approach, work with prospective and existing clients to determine needs and develop the appropriate sales strategy to secure new programs
- Keep pipeline data current; and provide summary of strategy calls and onsite visits, identify deliverables and establish timeframes for contract execution.
- Manage the Proposal process by coordinating with appropriate areas of the organization to ensure timeliness and quality of Agreements consistent with StraighterLine’s Business Development Strategic Objectives.
- Close 5 to 10 or more partnerships at target institutions annually.
- Work closely with the EVP to build the marketing plan, including how to target and close specific programs in specific schools.
- Build territory plan, outreach, etc., to support above strategy.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Candidate must have a minimum of 4 years experience with successful and demonstrable track record in business development, not all of which should be in higher education.
- Develop solicitation strategies; write effective proposals; and communicate effectively and establish cooperative working relationships.
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience developing and structuring agreements to support StraiterLine and partner objectives.
- Results-oriented professional with strong work ethic. Demonstrated success working independently, working on many activities concurrently.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written communication and strong/succinct oral communication skills essential.
- A deep understanding of the higher education environment, and experience with working with executive level individuals
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment through effective communication and collaboration with cross functional teams
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more, StraighterLine's innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again.