Culture Flipper is looking for EN Writers and Copy Editors (Remote).
We need writers and editors with professional experience.
English must be native language.
- Rewrite from translated source material in a manner that stays true to the original content and intention
- Write copy for a variety of marketing, PR and other text
- Write interesting and concise synopses for a variety of programming
- Write other collateral and related materials
Copy Editor Responsibilities -- All of the above plus:
- Proofread text with careful attention to detail
- Apply standards of composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Copy edit text based on set style guidelines
- Fact check references
- Verify proper nouns
- 3+ years of experience writing for marketing, PR, advertising, or for publication
- Native US English speaking and writing skills
- Ability to keep on task and meet firm deadlines
- Interest and knowledge of popular culture, including movies, TV shows, games, fine art and music
- Must be good at multitasking, flexible and a positive team player
- Able to work with a multi-national team
- Understanding of Asian languages and cultures is a huge plus
- Additional language proficiency a plus
About Culture Flipper:
Culture Flipper is a content marketing agency providing transcreation that blends seamlessly into diverse regions and markets. Our team members are located around the globe, primarily in North America, South Korea and Thailand and Europe. We are constantly expanding and growing into new markets and regions. The team includes Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indonesian, Vietnamese and English language experts, copywriters, editors, typographers, graphic designers, illustrators and more. Specializing in the entertainment industry, Culture Flipper localizes everything related to video content, from movies and TV shows to video games and multimedia interactive installations. Our thorough localization process goes beyond mere translation. Titles, product and campaign slogans, trailer and poster copy, press releases and synopses become natural and memorable in their target languages thanks to Culture Flipper’s deep understanding of cultural context in both the source and target languages. Culture Flipper is a California corporation established in January 2017. We are a diverse and inclusive multicultural agency.