Sourcegraph’s Finance team is expanding. As a Finance and operations analyst, you will partner with all teams in order to understand the demands and expectations of the business, to support a Company that is growing fast.
Reporting into the FP&A Manager, you will get involved with the budgeting and forecasting process, working collaboratively with other teams to help drive accountability and informed decision making across the organisation. You will also help to drive the improvement of processes and automation within the function, in particular the management of our billing and related key metrics. We are currently seeing a large ramp in new customers and you will help to drive efficiencies in the contract review, invoicing and the collections management process, in order to support this scaling.
Our team and our sales are growing fast—we’ve proven strong product-market fit, with wall-to-wall usage and top-tier engagement, genuine love from our users and customers, and tens of thousands of paid daily active users at some of the world’s premier development teams.
Responsibilities (Financial Analysis and Financial Operations)
- Have a solid understanding of financial statements and a strong sense of curiosity for what is driving and impacting our financial performance
- Play a key role in the annual planning, rolling forecast and variance process. Make recommendations to improve the process
- Engage with stakeholders regarding business operations and strategy - in particular the sales finance and business strategy teams
- Coordinate with an outsourced accounting team in order to improve the status and timeliness of financial reporting
- Assist in the implementation of a new business metrics tool
- Process new orders
- Reconcile information between Salesforce and our financial metrics tracker
- Consider options for automating the invoicing process
- Conduct all customer billing functions on a timely matter: generate invoices, send invoices to customers, ensure timely collections
- Monitor AR aging and contact customers assisting in collections
- Assist customers with requests for information
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Familiarity with SaaS business models, growth analytics and how software companies grow
- Demonstrated knowledge of the AR process
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope business requirements and prioritize
- Ability to take initiative and own tasks and projects from start to finish
- Must possess the ability to work independently and operate in a team environment
- Excitement for software development (no training as an Engineer required, but you should have an understanding of how software development happens and Sourcegraph’s value proposition)
- You apply
- We set up a 30 minute call to chat with you about Sourcegraph to find out what you are looking for in your next role
- We give you a small case study project to see how you would approach the job at Sourcegraph
- We schedule a few more hours of interviews
- We check your references
- We make you a job offer
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.