At Coder, we believe that developers should spend their time writing code, not getting their development environment working. Coder moves software development to the cloud, centralizing your organizations' development initiatives and offering improvements in development velocity and enterprise security. Developers focus on their projects and the end product, not on setup. Our software has been pulled over 19 million times from Docker, received over 40,000 stars on GitHub, and is used by some of the world's largest enterprises. We're also working with pilot organizations to shape the future of remote development through Coder.
We’re looking for people who want to come along on the adventure and build a world where devs can stay in flow, and companies can code at the speed of thought. Are you excited about working closely with others to build something new? Are you comfortable with the idea that you’ll be expected to roll up your sleeves and get things done? Are you the kind of person who doesn’t wait around for other people to solve problems? Are you someone who values open communication, embraces change, and collaborates with enthusiasm? Then we’d love to see you here at Coder!
The Finance and Business Operations Manager plays a pivotal role in keeping the company operating at its maximum potential. Your primary focus will be on financial operations, with some time spent on more general business operations. We’re looking for someone who can drive long-term operational efficiency and increased productivity across the company.
You are someone who:
- Is an expert in Quickbooks and Excel
- Has experience in quarterly/annual forecasting
- Is skilled in managing business taxes and accounting/bookkeeping
- Can provide budget insights to teams to help develop solid operational processes
- Is comfortable managing vendor relationships and negotiating vendor contracts
- Has experience working with tech tools, platforms, and license management
- Uses financial data to continuously and proactively reshape best practices
- Has a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, with 2-5 years of experience
You’ll love working at Coder if you:
- Are analytical and obsessed with understanding and solving problems
- Are a skilled communicator capable of receiving and articulating complex ideas
- Have meticulous attention to detail
- Provide data-informed recommendations with clear priorities
- Are open-minded, comfortable with ambiguity and change
We believe that the interview process should be consistent and enjoyable. We prefer to have the entire process take no more than 3 full weeks. During these 3 weeks you will be able to meet a mix of individual contributors, managers, and one of our Co-Founders. If you interview for a position that requires a take home assessment, we will compensate you for your work and time spent.
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings. Coder is a remote first company with our HQ in Austin, TX. 🤠
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
If you do not meet the above criteria, but still believe that you can deliver results, please write a brief description detailing how you intend to do that
We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.