Xapo is an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients’ life savings.
We’re a fully distributed team that works remotely from 50+ countries around the world. We may come from many different cultures and backgrounds, but it’s our values, our resourcefulness, and our drive that makes us Xapiens.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to grow every day. If you’re the best at what you do and share our passion, we want you.
Join us, wherever you are, and help us build a digital bank worthy of the digital age at Xapo.
As Financial Accountant reporting into our Financial Controller, you will assist in the running of the accounting and financial activities of an organisation. You will be involved in financial reporting for management, regulators and analysing the economic stability of the company and provide financial information to other departments, enabling these departments to make financial decisions.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position. Work from anywhere!
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data
- Examining financial records to check for accuracy
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the financial dataflow from our back end systems into Netsuite our ERP tool
- Applying accounting expertise to performing, plan and oversee the daily and month end financial control tests to confirm the completeness and accuracy of the financial information
- Reviewing and enhancing control tests and improving processes flows
- Involvement in financial month end close process
- Creating KPI reports
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
- Assistance and involvement in year end audits, internal audit reviews and compliance assessments
- Involvement in Financial planning and modelling
- Expert technical level Accounting knowledge ideally in the financial services industry (Banking)
- Keen interest and excellent in depth knowledge of Accounting standards and essential that kept up to dates in changes and enhancements
- Keen interest in developing industries such as Blockchain technology or Bitcoin
- Experience in having developed sub ledgers that feed to a main ERP would be an advantage
- Analytical thinker used to applying accounting knowledge to develop solutions for financial flows
- Comfortable in working with development teams in defining and assessing financial transactions and mapping them to our accounting systems
- Ability to problem solve individually or as part of a team
- Experience in preparing board packs (preferred not essential)
- Technically adept with knowledge and experience in sophisticated accounting systems (In depth Netsuite experience an advantage)
- Experience in Financial planning and budgeting(preferred not essential)
- Experience in Corporate flotation (preferred not essential)
- 5+ years PQE
- Qualified with Big 4 Accounting firms (preferred not essential)
- Involvement in Regulatory reporting (ICAAP/ILAAP)(preferred not essential)
- Audit experience (preferred not essential)
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
We founded Xapo to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, we developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
Now, we’re bringing our expertise to all facets of our users’ finances. Because no matter who we are or where we’re from, we all deserve more options, more control, and more peace of mind where our money is concerned.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer – we believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation of Xapo – it allows us to create products that cater to clients around the world.