We are hiring a Front End Engineer to support the ongoing development and maintenance of Forem, dev.to and other associated apps. This is a good opportunity for anyone who enjoys contributing to open source and collaborating with community contributors.
We value emotional intelligence and communication skills. We want to work with developers who want to build an inclusive software ecosystem as badly as we do.
- Help the core DEV team improve our development process and instill best practices for front end development and accessibility
- Collaborate cross-functionally with team designers, developers, DEV community members and open source contributors to achieve elegant solutions
Skills and Experience we’d like to see
- Experience with React and/or Preact (we use Preact on the frontend)
- At ease delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated, self starter who enjoys working independently but can collaborate with other team members when needed
- Expertise in web and mobile accessibility, and remediating accessibility issues in websites, and mobile applications
DEV Community is an open source company which operates the fastest growing social network for software developers and is also in the process of generalizing our platform for broader use for client communities. The company's mission is to empower community and we do so through open source software and leadership in the software ecosystem.
We’re a company that values emotional intelligence, learning and growth. We hire diverse, well-rounded and communicative people who want to build an inclusive software ecosystem as badly as we do.
Perks for US based Employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision plan
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible Equipment and Conference budget
- Co-Working budget (we are a 100% Distributed Team)
- Monthly Wellness Budget
- Ergonomic consultations
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
Application Deadline is September 9, 2020.