As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
We’re seeking an engineer to join our Revenue engineering team.
About Vox Media's Revenue Experience Team:
Revenue Experience is a team of engineers, product managers and project managers focused on ensuring the success of revenue products using Concert advertising technology.
As part of the engineering team, you will be dedicated to supporting the most urgent and revenue-critical needs of our business which include new partner integrations, critical bug fixes, custom campaign builds and revenue systems support. As our business needs grow and evolve, you will be empowered to architect or implement ways to scale and streamline internal processes and client-facing products.
This role is part of the Revenue Product group and will report to the Revenue Experience Engineering Manager. We are excited for you to join us!
What you'll do:
- Work alongside product, design, revenue and editorial colleagues to deliver the best experience for our partners, clients and business.
- Make small scale alterations and customizations to existing template code.
- Scope your solutions appropriately in order to meet (sometimes tight) deadlines.
- Utilize available documentation and contribute to writing new documentation where it is needed.
- Attend daily scrum/status update calls.
- Actively track and communicate task status using project management systems (Asana and Jira).
- Communicate often and efficiently with teammates via Slack, video calls (Zoom), project management systems (Asana/Jira) and email.
- Be a part of a thoughtful and energetic engineering team at Vox.
- Have fun tackling challenges and learning within a diverse team of Engineers, Designers, Project Managers and Campaign Managers.
What you'll bring:
- Willingness to work with remote-first teams; comfort communicating remotely through Slack, docs, video calls and diagrams.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with larger multi-disciplinary teams.
- Appreciation for people. Curiosity-fueled empathy to improve those around you through culture, engineering and relationships.
- Comfort balancing the demands and intersections between business needs, privacy and security, user experience, editorial requirements and technical excellence.
- An interest in designing and implementing scalable web products.
- Basic Photoshop skills.
- Commitment to user-centered design, web standards, performance, usability, and accessibility.
- Ideas, opinions and the ability to share them through respectful code and design reviews, proposals, talks, diagrams and team-wide discussions.
- Overwhelming desire to learn from, and teach, those around you. We believe in this so much we help fund professional development opportunities (courses, conferences, etc.)
- Comfort giggling. Even at yourself sometimes.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Google Ad Manager (GAM, Formerly Doubleclick for Publishers), Google Publisher Console or other advertising creation and delivery systems.
- Experience in agency and/or client-facing production environments.
- Remote work experience in a team.
For more on the things we're building and problems we're solving, and what it's like to work with the Product, Design & Technology teams, see our Product Team blog. In an effort to provide an inclusive and respectful working environment, all team members adhere to our code of conduct.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.