Moodle with us!
When you have already worked with Moodle, how about working for Moodle? We're the world's most popular learning platform and we are on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
Help shape the UI for our world-wide platform! We are looking for an inspirational frontend developer with experience working in a large-scale environment. Have you worked on Moodle themes or other open source projects before? Even better, this could be the job for you.
This is an opportunity to work with a global team on a worldwide platform and make a real difference in the world. If you enjoy learning from highly skilled peers and collaborating with other developers, designers and product leads committed to delivering high quality outcomes, then read on.
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle builds and maintains an open source learning management system, with over 150,000 registered sites and 250 million users worldwide. We’re growing rapidly, with the recent introduction of exciting new products to help us become an even bigger contributor to the world of education technology.
We’ve built a passionate team of hard-working and driven people from all over the world, united by a shared belief in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference to our world. We respect our colleagues and value an open and innovative workplace, filled with integrity and of course a strong focus on education (yes, these are our company values!).
Find out more about us on our website.
What your new job can look like…
Most days can involve a mix of:
- working within your team and improving the UI/UX of Moodle’s components.
- implement the UI/UX for major new features based on UX prototypes.
- collaborating with your team members, other teams and the Moodle community.
- contribute to building a component library for the Moodle platform that will be used by developers worldwide as the source of truth for their Moodle UI developments
- writing automated tests.
- ...and having a laugh with your team...
*Important note! This role can be based in most parts of the world! In Australia or Spain as a permanent employee, or elsewhere as an independent contractor. Just let us know where you are when you apply :)*Requirements
We'd love to meet you…
Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Experience working with Moodle themes or Moodle plugin user interfaces
- Strong frontend development skills, with knowledge of:
- ES6, RequireJS
- CSS extension languages & Bootstrap
- Knowledge of
- PHP, SQL, HTML, Ajax, NodeJS
- Developing performant and accessible user interfaces
- Experience working in a large-scale development environment
- Ability to organise your own workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Fluency in English
Extra awesome if you:
- Are a full-stack developer, comfortable working on both frontend and backend
- Have contributed to other open source projects
- Have experience writing unit tests and behat tests
What's in it for you?
We’ve already talked about the importance we place on achieving our mission to empower educators to improve our world and our passion for our values.
So what about this?!
- a truly flexible working environment
- ability to bring your full self to work (wear what you want to the office)
- ability to work remotely
- gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers
- ability to work with a global team on a worldwide platform and make a real difference
- the knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals
Does all this sound good? If yes…
- Click on the following link to apply
- Add your resume and anything else you'd like to add… in English, please
- Press send.
No recruitment agencies, please.
Moodle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Moodle is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Moodle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Moodle will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Moodle encourages applicants of all ages.