Dataquest is an interactive online learning platform for data science. We’re passionate about helping students go from zero to job ready. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers. Read more about our philosophy here, and read what students think here.
We want to help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education, and you’ll play a key role in helping us get there. We’re looking for collaborative and passionate team members, to help us continue to build out our 30+ person remote, global team.
This is a fully remote company and we are open to applications worldwide. You don't have to match all of the listed requirements to apply, we're truly looking for people who can grow along with our diverse and global team.
The product engineers at Dataquest build features for our user-facing application. They work with our product and design teams to implement new features for our Learning Platform.
Product engineers will ensure that we have adequate test coverage for these features.
This is a full-stack position. Product engineers are expected to contribute equally to our frontend and backend codebases.
- Work on backend and frontend code to build out new features
- Work with engineering, product, and design to build features
- Write tests to guarantee software quality
- Develop, release, and monitor software features and bugs
- Code reviews for other engineers
- Create and improve documentation for our technical system
- Join on-call rotation to respond to site downtime
- Software Development – 80%
- Collaboration – 10%
- Research and Discovery – 10%
- Ability to overlap with EST (US) timezone between 9am - 12pm EST.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in fullstack development
- Python/Django programming experience
- GraphQL experience
- Experience developing full-stack features
- Experience with Agile project management including story breakdown and estimation
- Willingness to learn new technology as needed
$53k US - $112k US
*pending geographical location and experience level
Our Compensation Philosophy:
We benchmark everyone against a high-paying anchor market and add a cost of living multiplier. This approach allows us to hire the best candidates and retain the best talent for each role regardless of location, as well as bringing more diversity to our team.
Some perks of working at Dataquest:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- An annual professional development allowance
- Free Dataquest account for life
- The chance to see your impact on the lives of our students every day
- The opportunity to be part of an engaged and mission-driven team
- The chance to contribute to team direction
- 100% remote with flexible working hours
- A supportive environment where help is always accessible