Salary Range: Negotiable
Location: Remote (Australia, UK or EU)
Experience: 1-2 years and up
BibliU is a digital learning platform that is changing the future of the multi-billion-dollar textbook industry. Our mission is to shake up higher education and make reading materials more accessible and learning more effective. We do this by making textbooks and monographs more affordable for students, so that in most cases, they are included in tuition costs. We have incorporated accessibility features to accommodate multiple learning styles and the different needs and preferences of each student.
BibliU has grown rapidly, and during this time we have created Europe's largest digital education content programme, in partnership with Coventry University. Upon entering the US market, we have secured the largest digital textbook programmes in the US with Phoenix and Grand Canyon Universities. We are working with over 60% of universities in the United Kingdom, and are steadily growing in the US . We have recently raised $10 million in a Series A investment round (you can read more about this on Sky News and EdSurge) and have ambitious plans for continued growth and expansion.
Our team of 45 +, of which half the senior management team are women, are looking for an experienced full-stack developer with a preference towards front-end development to work alongside our existing team of 6 engineers.
Library Product Team at BibliU
The Library team is absolutely central to BibliU’s user experience and product delivery.
Role of the team:
- Build out our product offering for librarians at a number of universities and educational institutions
- Build integrations with third party software, identity providers and customer APIs
- Maintain a healthy development stack
- Develop technical solutions to allow internal teams to configure, sell and support our product
Areas of Responsibility
As a full stack developer you will be responsible for:
- Creating new user interfaces targeted at librarians and administrators
- Maintaining existing user interfaces
- Building server-side logic to support user interaction
- Working with other engineering teams on web-components
Our benefits are all aimed at supporting a healthy work-life balance and cultivating a company culture where you can bring your whole, human self to work.
- 43 days of holiday (this includes public and bank holidays)
- Private healthcare insurance for you and your family
- Annual strategy retreat
- Equal parental leave
- Birthday day off (in addition to annual leave)
Fostering community is important to us. The BibliU book club meets (virtually) every 6 weeks and we have an active Women's Network and Culture Task Force, made up of volunteers from across the company who are working together to improve our culture. We host one weekly company meeting, and use Slack and Discord to stay connected throughout the working day.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds, experiences and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective and BibliU is committed to building an inclusive and supportive workplace where everyone can do rewarding work.
If you’ve got any questions about the role, get in touch with our Operations Analyst, Nafis, at email@example.com.
- You are able to work within a fully remote team, spread across different time zones
- You know your way around a Redux store or another front-end state management system
- You have experience with Express.js or engineering REST APIs
- You can contribute to architectural discussions and help us make technical implementation decisions
- You pride yourself in your code quality