Hi. We’re Zipline. We’re helping put technology into the hands of those that need it most - - retail workers. If you have worked in a store, you know the drill. You’re helping customers, ringing up orders, and trying to do the 30 tasks that HQ wants you to do. Some pertain to you. Some don’t. But that’s for you to figure out… all while putting out fires and keeping shelves tidy.
That’s where we come in! We turn the grind of retail communications into an engaging, effective, aha solution. The Zipline platform ensures that the right people get the right information in the right way. Everyone is on the same page, tasks are tracked and life feels less like a perpetual game of hair-on-fire.
With Zipline, employees feel more connected, understand the role they play in the brand’s mission, and can feel good about the work they’re doing. This is important to us because retail is one of America's most populous workforces but also one of the most underserved. Through Zipline, we can touch on one in four American workers who are often minority, women, and working part-time while studying or taking care of the family.
We love helping retailer workers love their jobs because we know how much better life is when you love your work. This year, Retail Zipline became a Great Place to Work-Certified. 97 percent of our employees say Zipline is a great place to work, compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company. What’s even more impressive is that 100% of employees say, “I can be myself around here”, “I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position” and “People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.” 100 percent! You can’t beat the Zipline culture.
How do we work? Remotely. We have been 100% remote since the company was founded and we have it down to a science - - a people science. We huddle as a team weekly and as a company 3 times a week. On Fridays, we come together to learn from each other. One week it might be about opossum rescue. Another week it might be an update on our product roadmap or the results of our customer satisfaction survey. We are all masters of Zoom and love the freedom of working from home - - or vans - - or sailboats.
Sound too good to be true? We haven’t even gotten to our customers! Think about the best retail brands, from your favorite tennis shoes to yoga pants. They’re customers. And, in addition to dozens of specialty retailers, this year we added grocery store, pharmacy, and convenience store brands. In fact, we more than doubled our customers in 2020.
And, the word is getting out. We are featured regularly in the press, mostly because of the results we get from our customers. Here’s a look at just some of the articles published recently. We also picked up some awards in 2020. CBInsights ranked us one of the 100 most promising B2B retail tech companies in the world. And, our CEO was a TechTrailblazer finalist. (Check out her articles on Forbes to see her passion for retail and solving its biggest challenges.)
We have made incredible progress but changing the industry is hard. We are well funded by leading venture capital firms like Emergence Capital and ready to scale. We need your help to improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees. Cumbersome, slow, and inefficient systems should not be the status quo. Help us retool retail.
Our perfect Head of Content is a player/coach. You will be responsible not only for developing the content strategy but also for creating content. You are data-driven and focused on proving that your work helps people understand who we are, what we do, and how prospects move deeper into the sales funnel. Ready to roll up your sleeves and help spread the power of Zipline? Keep reading!
Here’s more about the responsibilities and requirements:
- Manage a growing team of content managers committed to publishing a regular stream of content across different mediums
- Ensure high standards: Content should entertain, inform and inspire a range of audiences across retail, including HR, comms publishers, field leaders, and store operations
- Develop a content roadmap that builds the Zipline brand and makes retailers aspire to work with us
- Develop a robust library of content to ensure that Zipline is the retailer’s destination of choice to learn about store comms and associate engagement
- Analyze content performance and use insights to produce better content and stay ahead of market needs
- Partner closely with Marketing Director to understand content performance and optimizing as needed
- Develop content that helps Zipline drive its employer brand
- Partner with third parties, including research firms and analysts, to create content that resonates with the enterprise
- Create an arsenal of case studies and collateral for the sales team that drives deals forward.
More about you:
- 5+ years in a content role for a SaaS organization.
- Extraordinary written communication skills: able to consolidate sophisticated ideas into clear, succinct executive summaries.
- Experience with video production, podcasts, and other content channels
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp
- Ability to effectively communicate to, present to, influence, or befriend all levels within an organization
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated
Why submit your resume?
- Remote: Join an effective remote team and work where you're comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to take breathers and get out and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We've done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City. (Post pandemic, of course)
- Opportunities to learn and grow
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
...And much moreWe value the diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.