Pilot (YC W17) is looking for a dynamic and experienced Head of People to expand our rapidly-growing team on a mission to create a more open worldwide job market. This is an exciting opportunity to build an exceptional team, cultivate company culture, and emphasize our values as we scale.
A bit about who we are
Pilot helps companies handle payroll, benefits and compliance for their remote teams. We believe that your opportunities in life shouldn’t be dictated by where you’re from or where you happen to live, and we’re helping our customers live by that too. We’re a team of 16 backed by Sam Altman, Y Combinator, Credo Ventures, Automattic, Kyle Vogt and many other amazing investors.
What you will be working on
As the Head of People you will be responsible for all aspects of the employee lifecycle by playing a meaningful role both strategically and tactically to build outstanding practices and programs that reinforce our culture and enhance the employee experience. You will:
- Work closely with our leadership team to set and execute our People strategy
- Drive our recruiting process, including role definition, sourcing, screening and interviewing
- Manage the complete onboarding and offboarding processes for all employees and ensure a seamless onboarding experience
- Collaborate with the executive team to create a competitive compensation and benefits program
- Organize company meetups and lead other company-wide initiatives that nurture a positive working environment
- Be the point person for employee relations concerns, issues, and grievances
- Oversee and manage a performance review process that drives high performance
- Manage meeting cadence across the organization
- Experience scaling a fast-growing company across the full employee lifecycle, including recruiting, onboarding and training
- Proven track record of building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse team and culture
- Ability to work autonomously, with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to constantly be context switching
- Ability to run many complex projects simultaneously and to stay well organized
- Excellent communication skills. You are empathetic and trustworthy.
- Experience managing international benefits programs
- There’s no task too menial for you. You roll up your sleeves and get things done.
We’d especially like to talk to you if
- You have experience and desire to work in a distributed environment
- Annual salary from $85,400 to $106,000 and up to 0.025% of equity.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- We try to hold all most of our team meetings between 7am–9am PST / 3pm–5pm BST / 11pm–1am JST to accommodate as many time zones as possible