60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
The finance team strives to be a partner to the business and takes pride in being responsive, collaborative, and the “fixers” of complex problems.
As an Intermediate / Senior Accountant at 1Password, you will be a key member of our growing Finance/Accounting team. This is a great opportunity for a detail-oriented, eager accounting professional to have a significant impact in a fast-growing organization. You’ll be utilizing your problem-solving skills and making recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounting department. This role is perfect for someone who is a self-starter and looking to build their career, while leveling up the business.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years experience performing full cycle accounting in a multi-currency environment. US GAAP experience is an asset.
- Advanced experience with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple competing priorities while being flexible and resilient.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision while adhering to necessary deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- A knack for learning things on your own and quickly adapting to new environments.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate teamwork skills in a growing team.
- Experience in the tech industry and with Netsuite is considered an asset.
What you can expect:
- Get to know various members of the Finance and Accounting team and meet with other departments to start helping create system solutions and processes.
- Perform duties associated with accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Perform full cycle month-end close process including preparing journal entries, accruals and reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly bank and credit card reconciliations and related journal entries.
- Assist in preparing timely and accurate monthly financial statements/reporting for the organization.
- Participate and provide support during the external audit.
- Perform ad hoc-tasks as assigned.