At The Offix, we're a group of passionate entrepreneurs who enjoy experimenting with new technology. We believe businesses deserve better software - software that’s ready to go, easy to setup and use, and everything we do is based on that core principle.
We're no rocket-ship. You won't find any unicorn glitter or exponential curves around here, just a real company with a sustainable business which has been profitable from year 1 and has been growing healthily ever since.
Our virtual headquarters is in Belgium (Antwerp), but we're building a fully remote team. We use great tools like Slack, Trello and Github to collaborate efficiently, harnessing the formidable power-of-the-internet™ to get things done.
- iOS & Android development
- Help drive and deliver on our product roadmaps (Lobbipad / Risqover), turning 1-pager specs into features
- Obsess about the quality of the product and the work you produce
- A degree in Computer Science Engineering
- Fluency in iOS & Android development
- Knowledgeable about modern app technologies and excited to learn new ones
- Passionate about technology in every way
- Easy to talk to, always open for feedback and eager to learn
What it's like to work at The Offix
The vast majority of our work gets done on Github, with Slack as the main channel for communication. We do weekly meetings via Appear which are used to discuss progress and plan what's coming next.
The biggest perk of working at The Offix is that we have a small, talented team with a very large audience. This means you have the ability to have a huge impact on the product and the company, whilst also having really interesting and challenging problems to work on. We believe deeply in what we do, and we're all in this to build something lasting, sustainable and positive.
On top of all that, we try to treat people pretty well. All roles at The Offix come with:
- Competitive salaryWe pay very well at market rates reflecting both location and experience.
- Fully remote workWork from anywhere in the world, or travel continuously if that's your thing. Everything we do is online. As long as you have wifi, you're all set.
- All the tech you needWe'll pay for whatever hardware and software you need to work and make sure you're regularly upgraded to the latest versions.
- Office costs coveredWhether you prefer a home office or a co-working space, we'll help pay for it.
- Dog friendly officeJust kidding we literally don't have an office - but apparently tech companies think is an important detail to put on job descriptions and we didn't want to feel left out. So, um. Feel free to work with your dog.
How to apply
We don't hire people often, and positions rarely open up. So when we do add a member to the team, we're pretty diligent about it. This is a very different attitude to most companies.
We’re profitable, we have unlimited runway, and extremely healthy revenue growth. There is no investor pressure or time limit or need to hire as many people as fast as possible to fill a fancy office. We want to keep the team as small as we can, automate as much as possible with robots, build great software, and enjoy our work as much as possible. Those are the things we optimise for. If that sounds like a good fit for you, then we’d encourage you to get in touch.
All jobs at The Offix start with an application form, progressing to 1-2 short phone interviews, and finally a paid trial project. Rather than trying to guess if we'll work well together based on lengthy arbitrary interview questions or "code challenges" - instead we invite promising candidates to work on a real life trial project with us and pay them for their time. Trial projects are typically 1-2 weeks of work, and give us an opportunity to get to know each other prior to pursuing a full time offer. It’s also a chance for candidates to get to know the Offix team and make sure that it’s a good fit for them.
The button on top will take you to the application form for this position where you can tell us a little more about yourself. Or, if you know someone who would be a great fit - maybe send them a link to this page?