Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
**For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio.**
As a Product Designer at Square, you will drive design execution for our Ecommerce team—including products and features for Square Online Checkout, Square Online Store and all aspects of our ecommerce services. You will work on challenges a business owner might face while getting started, setting up, launching, and managing all aspects of selling online. Ecommerce is an essential part of Square's ecosystem, and you will guide the product's design and approach on features and services that empower small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them.
We're looking for someone who is motivated by system oriented design and beautiful visual output. On this team, your work will span from design system management to online store performance. You'll be directly responsible for decisions that influence the product and road map. This will be a cross-functional role where you will work with other designers, product editors, analysts and engineers.
- 2+ years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of work on which you were the primary designer on work that has shipped
- Can articulate the goals of their work and reflect on both successes and failures
- You have experience creating high-quality UI and managing design systems
- You plan, scope, and create work that contributes to a larger, long-term plan
- You know when to compromise without sacrificing user experience or design principles
- You are an advocate for the customer
- You can effectively communicate your ideas and work to your direct team and other teams
- You take pride in the quality of your work and create professional, well-thought-out designs using established design systems
- You work on challenging, wide-reaching projects for your team with little guidance from your lead
Learn more about Design at Square.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.PerksAt Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible time off
- Learning and Development resources