Bustle Digital Group is seeking a Junior Designer to work closely with our award-winning design team at BDG Studios to create mock-ups for various, multimillion dollar campaign pitches.
This role reports into a Senior Designer on the branded design team and works closely with our branded content editors, marketing team, and sales team. The junior designer’s job is to work with the art department to bring big branded content ideas to life through pitch decks, mock-ups, social media design, and more. This junior designer will use a combination of design knowledge and learned advertiser objectives to create content for both BDG and our advertising partners.
This entry level role is a great place to launch a career in media where you will be challenged to wear multiple hats, liaise with various departments across the organization, and engage with a broad scope of advertisers.
Applicants should have a strong knowledge of the entire Adobe Suite as well as Keynote. Skills like illustration, animation, and 3D are also a plus.
35 hours a week from September to December of 2020 with the possibility of a full-time permanent position in 2021. You must also be comfortable working EST hours.
- Design mock-ups for various, multimillion dollar campaign pitches including logos, on-site destinations and social media.
- Work closely with the rest of the design team in a fast-paced, advertising environment, learning about the revenue side of media from some of the best in the business.
- Become an important member of an award-winning branded content studio.
- Work across the entire BDG portfolio of websites which includes Bustle, Elite Daily, Input, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Zoe Report, and W Magazine
- A portfolio of work demonstrating creativity and innovative typography and design is mandatory
- A strong knowledge of the entire Adobe Suite as well as keynote.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, communicate with teams and work remotely
- Availability to work remotely five days a week, seven hour shifts each day (EST)
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.