Lokalise is the fastest-growing language-tech B2B SaaS. Being a collaborative productivity platform, it helps to structure and automate the translation and localization process for any company in the world.
Launched in 2017, it is currently at $6M ARR, growing more than 8 % MoM. 1,800 companies from 80+ countries, including Notion, Lemonade, Bayer, and KPMG use Lokalise to constantly update old and add new translations.
Previously bootstrapped, we decided to raise external capital to hire top SaaS talent globally in order to accelerate growth. The company went fully-remote in March, 2020, and raised $6M from a group of reputable VCs and angel investors in September, 2020. One month later, Lokalise was included in the top 100 European cloud tech companies under $1 Bn by Accel.
The team of 100+ members, and growing, with teammates coming from 17 different countries and 3 continents. Our aim is to continue onboarding teammates globally, from different cultures and backgrounds, and regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
*Please note that we are required to add a location to job ads but Lokalise is a full-remote company and you can work from anywhere.*
We are looking for Legal Counsel to support commercial transactions and product at Lokalise. You will be an important part of legal operations in a fast-growing, market-defining startup.
- Focus on commercial transactions and product counsel
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of inbound and outbound commercial contracts (including sales, software, technology and related vendor agreements, marketing, partnership, and production agreements)
- Provide thoughtful and practical business and legal advice to support internal stakeholders, like the Sales and Product teams
- Be a source of knowledge on internal privacy, security, and compliance matters
You must have:
- 3+ years of experience in corporate transactional work within a technology company
- A BA/LLM in Law
- A native or near-native level of English
- An excellent ability to ensure a healthy balance between business and legal requirements
- Experience in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, with a solution-oriented approach
- An outstanding ability to manage projects, priorities, and short deadlines
- A collaborative mindset – you thrive when working as part of a team
- A high level of emotional intelligence
- A strong ownership mentality – you are able to work autonomously, you can think on your feet
- A strong passion for automation, legal tech, and innovation
- A critical thinker – you are able to challenge the status quo, and give clear arguments on your reasoning
- Curious and detail-oriented, not even the smallest details get past you
- Empathetic – you know how to manage crucial conversations while effectively maintaining positive relationships
- Comfortable with changing demands and priorities.
It will be considered a significant advantage if you have:
- In-house legal experience within a growing SaaS business, working on commercial transactions
- Competitive salary and employee stock options plan
- Learning & Development program
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Top-notch tech equipment for your work
- Great startup atmosphere, team spirit, and team events