Ready is an on-demand mobile health service that delivers non-emergency care directly to patients. To accomplish this, Ready sends a trained health professional, which we call a “Responder,” to facilitate a telehealth visit between the patient and a licensed clinician.
With Ready, patients now have access to quality care in their homes, 12 hours a day, 365 days a year, and talented individuals are provided the opportunity to work with a rapidly growing, mission-driven company. We hope you will join us.
About the Role
Ready is looking for a hands-on IT Security Manager to perform two core functions for the company. First: overseeing the operations of the Ready’s security solutions. Second: establishing an enterprise security stance through policy, architecture, and training processes. Additional responsibilities will include the selection of appropriate security solutions, implementation of said systems, hardening of production and end-user systems, oversight of any vulnerability audits and assessments. The IT Security Manager will interface with peers in the IT, Product, and Legal departments as well as with the leaders across the company to share the corporate security vision with those individuals and to solicit their involvement in achieving higher levels of enterprise security through information sharing and cooperation.
Reporting directly to Ready’s Vice President, Information Technology, the Manager, IT Security will have the opportunity to make a significant impact at a high-growth, technology-driven healthcare start-up.
What You'll Do
Strategy & Planning
- Create and maintain the enterprise’s security architecture design.
- Create and maintain the enterprise’s security awareness training program.
- Create and maintain the enterprise’s security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures).
- Create and maintain the enterprise’s Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, where appropriate.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Select and acquire additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security as per the enterprise’s existing procurement processes.
- Oversee the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise workstations, servers and other systems and in databases and other data repositories.
- Ensure the enforcement of enterprise security documents.
- Supervise all investigations into problematic activity and provide on-going communication with senior management.
- Supervise the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Perform regular security awareness training for all employees to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with enterprise security documents, including a focus on HIPAA, HiTrust, and cybersecurity best practices.
- Ensure that IT security audits are conducted periodically or as needed.
- Assist IT Support staff and end users when they need to install or learn about new security products and/or procedures.
What You'll Need
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- One or more nationally recognized security certifications, such as MSCE, ISACA, CompTIA
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in IT security, preferably in a high-growth environment
- Experience working in a HIPAA-controlled environment
- Extensive experience in enterprise security architecture design and document creation.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering employee security awareness training.
- Experience in developing Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Working technical knowledge of desktop, servers, and mobile device operating systems.
- Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace (G Suite), AWS, and Azure
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Eligibility to work in the US without Company sponsorship for a work visa or employment-based green card.
- Unwavering commitment in supporting the health of our Ready community of Responders, patients, and partners.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive benefits and paid time off
- Friendly, fun and mission-driven environment
- Company sponsored events