Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That is why Eight Sleep is looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join our engineering team. The ideal candidate has practical experience with modern ML frameworks, is able to rapidly prototype ideas from the latest research, and has an extensive track record of shipping cutting-edge and impactful ML products.
How you'll contribute
- Teach machines how to interpret sensor data to classify sleep and diagnose different health conditions
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the algorithms and models powering our products
- Oversee and design truth data collection projects
What you'll need to succeed
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ of experience working in Python
- Advanced experience with Tensorflow, including model optimization for production inference
- Experience in solving DSP problems using numpy/scipy
Why you’ll love Eight
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.