The RoleAs a Natural Language Processing (NLP) Machine Learning Engineer on the Telephony platform at Telnyx, you will create and deploy groundbreaking applications that form an integral part of a next-generation Telephony platform. Our Engineers lead the way in developing a solution, from high-level system design and prototyping to application development and data integration. As a Telnyx NLP Machine Learning engineer, you leverage everything around you: Telnyx products, open source technologies, data sources and anything you and your team can build to drive real impact.You work with users around the globe, where you help our customers by solving their communications challenges through cutting edge applications of machine learning on voice telephony systems. Each mission presents different challenges, from the regulatory environment to the nature of the data to the user population. You will work to accommodate all aspects of an environment to drive real technical outcomes.In This Role You Will
- Build natural language processing models for applications in areas such as real-time speech-to-text transcription, sentiment analysis
- Development of bespoke models to tackle unique challenges in the communications platform as a service (CPaaS) space
- Lead the implementation of efficient data collection, sanitization and labelling algorithms
- Use effective text representations to transform natural language into useful features
- Implement mixed models analyzing both transcription and audio to arrive at highly-accurate classification models in the context of real-time communications
- Deep understanding of text representation techniques (such as n-grams, bag of words, sentiment analysis etc), statistics and classification algorithms
- Deploy solutions across multiple software instances in a multi-cloud environment with extreme low-latency
You May Be A Fit If You Have
- 3+ years of professional software development experience with natural language processing, data science and machine learning.
- An understanding of applications of machine learning and artificial intelligence as it applies to telecommunications carriers and CPaaS providers.
- Familiarity with creating neural networks to interop seamless with services written in C/C++
- Experience developing or modifying modules for services such as FreeSwitch, Asterisk a plus
- Experience designing, building and maintaining distributed applications at scale
- Knowledge of microservice architecture patterns and anti-patterns
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.