As a major actor in Edge Computing, Volterra offers the opportunity to easily deploy applications using managed, world-wide Kubernetes API.
Volterra France (formerly Acorus Networks) is an innovative startup company specialized in Denial of Service protection. Volterra operates its own network backbone and offers many managed services around network & service protection, using several scrubbing centers in order to detect and mitigate cyber-attacks close to the customer.
The company is growing at a fast pace, has huge ambitions, and very high standards of quality. You will be pushed outside of your comfort zone.
In this context, the position is about to maintain, enhance, and expand the high performance network backbone.
- Actively monitor the network performance
- Troubleshoot issues and propose solutions
- Maintain a high level of availability, reliability and performance on the backbone
- Develop, improve and maintain the tools needed for our backbone
- Support the Operation teams
- Work on customers’ network designs (BGP/EVPN)
- R&D to validate new designs/features for the backbone
- Write documentation
All technical staff must have the following prerequisites:
- Autonomous in project delivery
- Strong communication and empathy
- Continuous learning mindset
- Ability to work as a team-player
- Ability to understand the business and propose evolutions
- A good level of English (written and spoken)
- Most importantly, ability to work remotely for an extended period of time without physical meetings with your team-mates
This NetOps Engineer position also requires the following skills:
- 5+ Years of experience in a similar position
- Strong knowledge of backbone networking (BGP, OSPF, L3VPN)
- Knowledge of data center networking
- Experience with Juniper Network routing devices
- Experience with Automation (Ansible, Jinja, …)
- Experience with debugging tools (tcpdump, ability to read a PCAP, …)
- Experience with telemetry environment (netflow, …)
- Always thinking "What happens if this fails?"
Nice to have:
- Experience in a large-scale network environment
- Experience with DDoS Mitigation solutions
- Experience with advanced telemetry (OpenConfig, gRPC, …)
- Strong Experience with QoS
- Ability to write scripts (shell, python, golang) to automate tasks
- Juniper Networks Backbone (BGP/OSPF/L3VPN)
- A10 Networks (L4 to L7)
- Adva (DWDM Metro)
- On-prem & public cloud
- Salary starts at 55k+ euros
- Relaxed and friendly culture
What we offer:
- We are a remote first company
- Cutting edge technology: Hardware and software
- Real Lab environments available
- Access to conferences related (or not) to your daily work
- We do not require official certification/degree, we are looking for someone who can do the job!
Location anywhere in the CET/CEST +1h/-1h timezone