The Paralegal is responsible for supporting the Legal team in areas of commercial contracting, corporate finance, compliance, and other matters as needed.
- Administer, maintain and manage the legal issue tracker for the particular subject matter to which the role is assigned.
- Prepare standard agreements for subject matter to which the role is assigned.
- Responding to and running point on internal and/or external questionnaires.
- Assist in-house legal team in coordinating federal, state and local regulatory compliance documents.
- Support corporate governance functions by assisting with drafting reports, maintaining records, completing forms and updating documents.
- Support in-house legal team and outside counsel in preparing documents, conducting due diligence and performing other responsibilities related to corporate acquisitions.
- Support in-house legal team and outside counsel in opening confidential case files, gathering documents and information, managing outside counsel support, and tracking progress on open matters.
- Conduct research in support of the legal team, as required.
- Work on other projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in an in-house legal department in a paralegal capacity.
- Paralegal certification.
- Strong attention to detail and affinity for use of various types of technologies.
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven individual with strong organizational skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to interface effectively with all business functions throughout the organization.
- Enthusiasm and "self-starter" qualities enabling him or her to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Superior analytical ability, project management experience, and communication skills
- Ability to manage internal customer priorities and needs.
- A curious mind who does not back down from a challenge.
- Previous experience in a Global Start-up and remote first environment preferred.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Ability to use GitLab.