We are currently searching for a new People Operations team member — preferably based in European time zones — to join us at Sketch. We’re a successful remote company, growing fast, with an amazing history and a People Ops department where the potential is huge. Does this sound like a challenge you are looking for?
Right now, we’re a two-person department; Joanna is in charge of recruitment and Justyna looks after anything else ;). Last year, we doubled the company size by hiring 56 new team members and established new processes, guidelines and tools (HiBob & Lever).
In 2021, we want to focus on people's development, motivation and well-being. The People Ops team has big ambitions to facilitate new tools & processes and to ensure our employees can stay focused and passionate. At the same time, we’re continuing to hire throughout the company and we will soon reach 150 fully distributed employees in over 30 different countries.
What you will do
- We’re looking for someone who wants to learn about and impact all things hiring and people operations. No two days in the People Ops team will look the same. Depending on the company’s needs, you’ll help us hire for core functions, search for candidates, conduct interviews, manage our recruitment processes from end to end or investigate new tools, improve guidelines, document processes, and assist with onboarding new joiners.
- You might also analyse people data in an Excel, generate new contracts, investigate how to improve our employer brand, organise a hackathon, source candidates on GitHub, buy a new wellbeing tool for employees or create new training about materials about diversity — the possibilities are endless!
- This is a generalist role where what you do will impact and improve experiences for new candidates and existing employees. There’s lots of responsibility and the scope of this role is big, but we want to create a modern People Ops team where we are true business players who impact the company — so we need to aim high!
- You will bring a high level of enthusiasm, a positive attitude and an obsession with adding value to improve our impact on the employee experience at Sketch. You’ll be detail-oriented, well organised and able to efficiently prioritise tasks to get things done.
- We have lot of freedom and flexibility to act, but it means that you have to be proactive and responsible. Instead of telling you exactly what to do, we’ll need you to take on problems and find ways to fix them. You’ll need to think creatively and find the best solution, while always keeping great candidate and employee experiences in mind. That's our ultimate goal, after all.
- Ideally, you have some years of experience in a fast-paced tech environment. You’ll know what an infrastructure team does, you can easily identify and distinguish front and back end developers, and technology terms sound familiar to you.
- You know that sourcing does not only mean searching for candidates on LinkedIn. You have experience with running selection processes. And, at the same time, you are not afraid of drafting an employment contract, creating an excel to analyse time off policies or managing one big People Ops project.
- You’ll want continue your career as a generalist over the coming months and are keen to learn about different People Ops areas. Last but not least, you are eager to learn and you are not afraid of making mistakes. You want to own your work and keep learning until you reach your goals.
What we offer
- International environment and working culture
- Flexibility to organize your own time, no set hours
- As many vacation days as you need
- Whatever training you need to develop in your job
- The hardware you need
- The option to work anywhere in European/African timezones
- Company equity
- Paid family leave
- An annual company meetup (when possible)
Even if you're not able to tick all of these boxes, we would still love to hear from you.