Elastic is an open source search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic builds search. Technical people -- the developers, operators and analysts -- love Elastic products and their continued evolution. Elastic Workplace Search introduces Elastic to an exciting new market: everyone! Search everything, anywhere -- all of your workplace data, whether it’s from GitHub, Google Drive, Confluence, Office365, Salesforce, and many others -- in one unified and delightful search experience.
We need a vibrant, communicative, and hands-on product designer to help us translate the raw power of global search into a fun and delightful experience. This is a defining role for a flagship Elastic product, and the team is beyond excited to welcome you.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Owning product design of a flagship Elastic product: Workplace Search. You’ll have a major impact on visual product direction across web, mobile, and much more.
- Applying ownership through wireframes, prototypes, user stories, and functional code. You’ll be hands-on!
- Collaborating with international teammates in a mostly text-based, asynchronous, remote-first team environment with occasional video calls and twice-yearly in-person conferences. You’ll be supported by a great group of people.
- Adding your unique character and energy to a welcoming, creative, and enjoyable work environment. You can be yourself.
Our Team Style:
- We appreciate articulate and “low ego” people who want to grow as part of a team.
- We welcome diversity of all forms, thought above all. We embrace strange and risky ideas and appreciate characters of all sorts.
- We hold each other accountable and work to a high standard. We take pride in the frequent, safe and graceful delivery of innovative, delightful, and valuable features.
- We embrace open communication and challenge. We appreciate positivity and vigilance and strive for autonomy, trust, and personal and professional growth.
What You Will Bring:
- Extensive experience owning product design for a well-designed, at-scale software product. You have accomplished good things!
- Measured and articulate written and spoken communication skills. You work well with others and can craft concise and expressive thoughts into correspondence: issues, investigations, project briefs, and similar.
- Fluidity. You are cool with learning new tools, languages, workflows and philosophies. You can function well in an environment that drives towards change.
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Please include whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples, blog posts and writing samples, links to personal projects, etc.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.