Tribe is revolutionizing the way people engage in online communities. We are a remote-first company with a diverse team from all around the world including Canada, US, Germany, Poland, and India. We are backed by top-notch investors in Silicon Valley and have been featured as the fast-growing Canadian startup.
At Tribe we are seeking a Product Designer Lead to work on the platform architecture, interactions, and design systems in an exciting and fast-paced organization. The ideal designer will have a passion for taking on complex problems and designing elegant, simple solutions that surprise and delight users. You’ll create products that are not only amazing to look at, but also intuitive and useful to millions of people worldwide.
The design team at Tribe studies human nature and translates it into digital experiences. What are the reasons for coming together? What motivates people to join and stay in real life that we can translate into digital onboarding experiences? How to make users feel valued and empowered and design methods that trigger those action and reward them while ensuring that the technology stays out of the way?
The design at Tribe is about the crisp articulation of strategy, tactics, metrics, and key learnings to help nurture a fast-paced learning environment.
- From brainstorming through implementation, the Sr. Product Designer will work with a small team of the product team, as well as our engineering, marketing, and QA groups.
- You will be responsible for researching, designing, and prototyping new user experiences based on product requirements. Deliverables include design mockups, prototyping, production of visual assets, and documentation required for proper implementation.
- You can quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable solutions. You are an effective diplomat with strong communication and organizational skills who is willing to prove him/herself within a company of talented individuals.
- You flourish in a dynamic, ever-changing, and deadline-driven environment. You are a natural collaborator and a phenomenal communicator, able to develop and present design ideas. You will work closely with cross-functional teams such as Engineering, Production, Product Marketing, and Senior Management.
- We are looking for a visionary designer who is ready to and capable of taking software design to the next level.
- You should be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision. The work that you design will be seen and experienced by millions of people around the world, every month.
- 5+ years of work experience in product design
- An excellent online portfolio showcasing UX, UI, and visual design work for mobile, desktop, and web.
- A command of visual and communication design principles
- Ability to communicate design concepts through sketches and wireframes.
- Highly skilled in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote, and other design tools.
- Experience in designing iOS or Android app experiences from start to finish as a product designer.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- A deep understanding of the design aesthetic, UI, and history
Nice to Have
- Canadian residency or citizenship
- Fully remote
- Flexible hours
- 22 Days of PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonus
- Stock option
- Health plan
- Other Perks